Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please watch & comment on my daughter's YouTube audition tape!

Default 1565 !

Up to 1565 views as of tonight, fantastic! I'm not sure how the counter works, I thought maybe it was only updated a few times per day, but each view was being counted behind the scenes. But I really don't know. It wraps up tomorrow, so I guess she'll find out this weekend if she made it to round 2 or not!

December 4, 2006 Contest opens

January 20, 2007 Audition video submission deadline.

January 21, 2007 Selected Contestants invited to Los Angeles for auditions. Following auditions, videos released on YouTube. There may be second callbacks.

Early February, 2007 Winners share the hosting duties for the inaugural live episode of Talk America T.V.
    -- Tom --
    My HT

Default 1700+ views and on to round 2... maybe

Thanks everyone, my daughter has been invited to Round 2 in Los Angeles - THIS FRIDAY! So not sure if she is going yet or not... so little notice, plus they don't pay for air fare or lodging (WTF??). So we'll see if she goes for it or not...

1700+ views is awesome, mainly thanks to the Ascend family!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZEDtkGANAXY
    -- Tom --
    My HT

Congratulations, maybe Ascend could sponsor her. Fly her out in their private Ascend Acoustic Lear Jet, pick her up in the Ascend limo. The logo at the top of this page looks like she flying over the rockys right now!
    Jeff

haha!

Congrats. I really hope she can make it. I don't know much about this new TV show, but it sounds like a chance for a "big break." Consider it an investment in her future...right?
    Jon O.

Any news? I watched the quote, 'top video' on the TATv website, and I couldn't see how she'd be better than your daughter. Just saying.
    Jon O.

Default Wasn't selected as one of the 2 hosts for the pilot

Carolyn had the audition on Friday in Burbank but was notified on Saturday she wasn't selected as one of the two hosts for the pilot show to be shot - get this - ALL THIS COMING WEEK. So I think actually she was relieved that she didn't have to try getting out of her commitments at work for an entire week with absolutely no notice.

But she has some other hosting opportunities in the works... ones on more established shows, so we'll see. Thanks for checking Jon, and for voting / commenting / viewing it so many times!
    -- Tom --
    My HT

Oh man, that's too bad. The pilot winners had better be damn good.

Goodluck to her on the other tries
    Jon O.

So she came out here all on her own dime....as I suspect the other candidates did, and then tell the winners they have to be ready to go in a day?

Crazy...that's Hollywood for you.

Good luck to her in the future though.
    -curtis

Sounds to me like they're getting a pilot shot with less expense than normal on their side. Makes me wonder how permanent the host job is...
    Jon O.

I was wondering the same thing Jon! I think it worked out for the best. But it was exciting and she got to spend a fun weekend in CA.
    -- Tom --
    My HT