Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panasonic Plasma- 42PX60U at Compusa $1299!!

Thumbs up Panasonic Plasma- 42PX60U at Compusa $1299!!

Great deal on the referenced TV, I looked everywhere for a good deal on this set, and the price of this is great!!
    $1299 through tommorrow I think.

I just picked one up as a XMAS gift to the Living Room!!
    Wasting $ on garbage is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife....

new speakers, new TV....what's next?
    -curtis

If I had the extra $700, I would have picked one of these up on Black Friday. From all I've seen and read, this is the 42" set to have. Congrats!

David

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    new speakers, new TV....what's next?
    Well, she's been talking about a plasma for awhile now, I figure at least 2 yrs.
    I figured for the prices they are now, I'd get 1.

Santa was trying to be a nice guy

I still like my CRT RPTV, and I will spend more time watching that, cuz once you have a Hi Def taste, theres really no going back.... I can hardly stand watching that Direct View 36" in the Living room, that will get moved to the 2nd bedroom ( upstairs!! Arrrrrrrgh, that thing weighs about 175 pds or so).

Yep. my Front projector and new Sub will have to wait, the sub needs to wait anyhow, the racket the one I have now is too much for her(it blows right through the basement ceiling), that new sub wouldn't even see the #1 on a scale from 1-20

Gotta go pickup an HD DVR at my local Comcast office!! TTYL !!

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    If I had the extra $700, I would have picked one of these up on Black Friday. From all I've seen and read, this is the 42" set to have. Congrats!

David
    Thx.
    She'll be diggin' it!!

Congrats on the new TV, picked up the same set in August at Boscov's and have been very pleased with it. Even more pleased with Boscov's price protection plan, since this TV really has dropped in price significantly since then. Still have until Jan 1, 2007 to do another match, but down to 1199 right now. Only price I have seen cheaper was Best Buy's Black Friday sale of $999.99.

Sweet JC, I wish I got it for that price!!
    The 1299 is a good deal in itself, especially for a walk-in/ B&M store.

All setup, looks VG, and she's thrilled!!
    Turned the settings down to respectable levels for break-in purposes, and the pic STILL looks better that the CRT it replaced...

I see a couple things I don't dig too much(I'm used to studying the picture, I have the CRT RPTV sickness!! heheh), but she hasn't seen anything, and I'm not gonna say anything until she does, that is UNLESS it gets unbearable to me in the next 21 days!!
    So right now she's VERY Happy, I will watch the things I've seen, and go to AVS and look over there.... I already saw one thing thats been mentioned there....

Yes, you got a good deal, have not seen it that cheap since around Black Friday. Boscov's is a B&M store, regional dept. store, think they are only in DE, NJ, NY and PA.

We came from a 32' 10 year old CRT so this was a nice upgrade. What have you seen that you don't like? I've seen the floating blacks, but it is less noticable in cinema mode.

There was a movie last night, there was a guy and a girl up on the roof at night, it was obviously dark ABOVE their heads, and it looked like the black sky was gradients of gray to black, and blocky.
    Think dithered, or 256 colors on a computer... gross

The guy was moving around, and it looked like a batch of black fleas was following his head(darker too), this was very clear to me, she said nothing about it.

Those 2 things right there are bogus, but i must play around with the cable box some more, i had it in stretch (480 override), which forces full screen, @1080i

The reason for the setting there was because i was trying to make it easier for her in regards to 4x3/aspect ratios... this is her 1st widescreen, and TBO she is technically challenged, and explaining how to fill the screen CORRECTLY (full or Just) was getting a bit tedious...

I am going to try 480i and P as the override, while checking some darker scenes to see if that helps.
    I will be doing this non-chalantly of course

I'm not sure if that is part of the "Floating" blacks that are being discussed, but it was gross.

Other than that the pic looked fine for the 1 1/2 I watched it.