Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: UPS Strikes again...with Stealth!

The weather in Omaha will make a man outta ya. Unfortunately, that pertains to the women as well. And sheep keep a weary eye.

David

LOL, hey guys, I think Dave has a new workout for me to try, sounds like a good one! Only I'll use something other than his awesome speakers, like perhaps a medicine ball !

I placed my order to upgrade my classic 340 mains to the 340 SE's so I'll sleep better next week knowing that my new babies are safely bubbled. Can't wait to hear them matched with my 6 month old 340 SE center!

Hope you got a nice run in Johnny! I have a 5K race Saturday morning so I've been tapering the past few days to build up strength for it. Hope the weather cooperates. Currently it is 24 out, up from 19 degrees when I went to bed last night. Heat wave.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Last edited by tjennings; 12-08-2006 at 04:31 AM.
    -- Tom --
    My HT

I got my replacement speaker yesterday and everything seems to be OK. Is it wrong that I was glad to see the box a little beat up?

I have not done too much listening, but so far I actually like the classics a little bit better then the se (although they both sound rather similar)....does that make me crazy? I just plopped them into the position where the classics were though and just did a quick volume match....it may be I just need to play around with placement and calibration a litttle more.

Default Ascend's service rocks!

Dave,
    Thanks for handling the issue in timely manner.

Default I'll second that!

A big thanks to Dave and his crew for doggedly looking for a solution for us unfortunate few! I think my replacements are due to arrive on Tuesday. Very nicely done Ascend!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge_Burrito
    I have not done too much listening, but so far I actually like the classics a little bit better then the se (although they both sound rather similar)....does that make me crazy?
    I had the same experience when I first got my SE's. Part of this was my inablility to set aside enough quality time to do a fair comparison. Alergies didn't help the process either. I wound up keeping the SE's but the Classics held their own, no question.

David

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    The weather in Omaha will make a man outta ya. Unfortunately, that pertains to the women as well. And sheep keep a weary eye.

David
    You guys crack me up

Curtis - I've gotten used to a lot of different temps - grew up in upstate NY (freezing cold), moved to colorado for 4 yrs (super dry, with blazing sun b/c of altitude), then to San Antonio, TX (114 deg in the summer with like 80% humidity), and now to Omaha, which has surprised me with: -20 below temps, horrendous wind chill, then 104 deg summers with amazing humidity. I didn't think the midwest had such a dynamic temp range.

Also - Dave F, I am very pleased with my working SE's
    Jon O.

Highs this weekend low to mid 60's....lows around 50, expecting rain.

I went to college in the SF Bay area, and I remember the first time having tennis practice in high 40, low 50 degree weather. It was a weird experience thinking my vision was getting blury/cloudy only to find out it was because of the steam coming off of my head.
    -curtis

Ha its about 0 degrees farenheit here. Yesterday I had to take out the winter coat.

I'm freezing my butt!

[edit] Liking new SE's less than original version. Maybe breakin is the problem?

I was in Maine this am....
    It was about 15 degrees, with a 15-35 MPH wind....

Needless to say, it was cold.......
    I wasn't diggin' it!!

Glad to be home, in my 68-70 degree room, listening to tunes!!
    Wasting $ on garbage is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife....