Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: UPS Strikes again...with Stealth!

Quote Originally Posted by daman
    I've tried to pick up packages a few times. They always tell me we have to make at least one attempt to deliver. Mine were already delayed one day because of bad weather.They were to be here today BUT oh well. I think I'd start crying like a baby if mine were delivered looking like that!

Later, Daman
    Daman,
    That is NOT true. You can try to get a deal with the local office (I did, but they hate going up my dirt road) to have packages held for pickup. It works much better for me. And the drivers appreciate not going up my road.
    Pegleg

Dang Dave,

This is a shame. Thanks for handling it so well - I hope you can track down the issue with UPS. It just has to be some temp guys tossing boxes in such a way that the force dislodges the driver, but they aren't doing much damage to the boxes. I'm really curious how they're managing to do it, especially considering it took you a drop of 6' to do the same....
    Jon O.

Default delivery successful

Just wanted to report back in. I gave the speakers a full inspection last night and tested them out for a while. The speakers appear to be in perfect condition. I'm thankful for that.

I only got to listen to the speakers for an hour or so last night, but I must say. Holy cow! They sound incredible. With my old speakers, the basement theater had been just that, a theater for movies only. No music since the speakers were so bad. Last night I say and enjoyed some music for the first time in a long while. Ella Fitzgerald sounded fantastic, and the Boston Pops Celtic album was incredible.

Thank you Ascend for making such amazing speakers. I can't wait for a day off so that I can spend some time to get the speakers adjusted properly.

The mystery continues....

This situation has us all baffled... The damage reports seem to be isolated to a specific span of 2 - 3 shipment days. No damage for product shipped after these days and normal reports of damage claims (very low) before these days.

Regardless, we have implemented some rather dramatic packaging changes for our heavier shipments. Each loudspeaker is now fully wrapped in bubble wrap. This is one of the major advantages of assembling our product in house -- running changes. The ability to make an immediate change in procedures and assembly.

Sal and I threw a boxed pair of bubble wrapped CBM-170s up over our heads and onto a concrete floor 6 times (until I was out of breath, damn -- need to get some personal training from our resident superhero (tjennings))

We will stay with the precautionary packaging throughout the holiday season despite the tremendous amount of extra work and expense.

To UPS -- good luck destroying these (just in case you are reading this, I am joking, please don't try )
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    Sal and I threw a boxed pair of bubble wrapped CBM-170s up over our heads and onto a concrete floor 6 times (until I was out of breath, damn -- need to get some personal training from our resident superhero (tjennings))

...file this under things you never thought you'd do after starting your own speaker company
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    Video. We want video.
    As nice as tj is, he's not on my list of personal trainers. I don't think that Barry Bonds trainer/Pharmacist could get me to keep up with tj. There's also the mortality question.

David

lol, this reminds me I need to go running today, but it's 19 degrees out
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyozero3
    lol, this reminds me I need to go running today, but it's 19 degrees out
    69 degrees where I live.
    75 degrees here at the office.
    71 degrees in Gardena where Ascend is.

Nutty.
    -curtis

Please leave this thread immediately.
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyozero3
    Please leave this thread immediately.
    LOL!

I'll be honest though, I am a weather wimp.
    -curtis