Thread: Building a home theater need help with building the 340se's into it.

Default Building a home theater need help with building the 340se's into it.

This is how it's setup.

There is a front wall which has 2 windows in it. Infront of that wall like 3 feet or so there is another wall. On the right side there is a door, left side has all the audio and video components, and in the center there is a 84" wide screen. You will be around 10 feet back from the wall depending on how big the screen is.

Now I would like to make it so that the speakers are behind the wall with the front of the speaker that is almost flush with the wall. I would toe it in a little.

Basicly my question is that if the front of the speaker is flush with the wall coming through an opening just as large as the front of the speaker. Basicly it would look like an inwall speaker without actually being one.

Even with the rooms setup you describe, having your speakers flush with a wall will mess pretty bad with their imaging as well as tending to activate the wall causing some pretty bad room peaks and valleys. This may be something you are willing to accept...we all have to make comprimises. You should probably e-mail ascend and get Daves take on it.

I will toe them in a little bit, but if putting them so that only the front is seen will hurt performance a good bit then I may try something else.

If the only way to get the best performance is just to put them on there stands in the room I will do that. But it would be nice if I could some how integerate it.

also note that the 340s are rear ported and require at least 4" or so behind them to accomodate the port.

Default why the Rocket?

You have the Rocket sub and not the SVS or HSU, what do you know that we don't or can you tell us why you have this one? Is your setup mostly for music or HT?