Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Sub for My 170SE Mains for 2.1 Music?

Quote Originally Posted by ebh
    i wish i had the room and the wife that would let me build a giant sonosub...
    Well, if you have the woodworking skills and tools, then you could build one for me and I will let you know how it sounds.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    I really wish I had the woodworking skills and tools to try the DIY route.
    I just need the time, weather and motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    I would like to see a picture of the room. Seems it might be interesting.
    Yes, and more than I care to make public... lol.

Default how long is the 20% off and for which subs?

So, 1Time said:

"... I copied the following from HSU's site:

"STF subwoofers remove the Variable Tuning feature of the VTF line. VTF subwoofers can be tuned electronically and physically to play either loud or low, letting customers decide how deep to play. STF subwoofers don't have this feature." "

and thus my question is this, is now the best time to get the VTF 2 or 3 MKII or will the newer one without the 'Variable Tuning feature' be the best option and why?

I have demo'd the Velodyne DPS-10 in my 15x16x18h den with my Denon 1905 or 1906 and even in this size room with all that air space, it actually still shook everything that needed to be shook and I could feel/hear the bass in other rooms up and down stairs in my 2400sqft home. So among my rambling, I lost my other question... anyone have any idea how well the HSU stf 2 or 3, or the VTF 2 or 3 would perform v/s this Velodyne sub? It was $450 at CC. I am ready to buy one now but am torn. The Velo is really nice looking and plenty for my need but I do want more and better sound musically if I can get it.

An STF-2 is basically a VTF-2 in max extension mode.

An STF-3 is basically a VTF-3 in max output mode. The STF-3 can be ordered in max extension mode for $50 more.

Given the current sales, I think it's a great deal to order an STF sub. It sounds like there will be sales on higher ticket items soon. There was mention of getting two STF-3's in max extension mode for $1k. Maybe there will be a VTF-3HO sale too.

I"ve never listened to your Velodyne, so I can't comment on relative performance. I'd pick up an STF-3, but I'm already a Hsu owner, so I'm biased.