Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tv stands?

I thought I read somewhere that with big TVs, and at the proper viewing distances, the bottom 1/3rd of the TV should be at eye level.
    -curtis

I think this is what your looking for. Its the one Im going with at least. http://www.everythingfurniture.com/p...v-stand-1.html I think that should fit the center channel nice

Quote Originally Posted by scottyh
    I think that should fit the center channel nice
    You'd better get accurate dimensions for that center channel compartment before ordering. It looks like it's less than 1/3 the width of the entire cabinet, which would make it less than 20" wide. The 340 SEC is 21'' wide.

Oops!
    Last edited by GaryB; 12-27-2006 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ebh
    gary, since you saw a 50" on the sanus stand, did you find the tv to be too high, or at an acceptable eye level? i'm curious because it seems like the middle of the tv ought to be around eye level, and the stand seems pretty tall.
    IMO, for a plasma, eye level about 1/4 to 1/2 up from bottom of screen is best. Depends on things like your seating (e.g. couch vs recliner vs floor), favorite position (e.g. sitting upright vs lying down, etc), etc.
    Last edited by BGHD; 01-01-2007 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Revised preferred positioning.

I just got a 42" plasma, and I am still using the old stand until I can find a suitable relacement.
    The old stand is 27" high, and I think it looks great at that height, the lowest I am willing to go is 24".
    At 27" with the Panny 42", I am app. at the bottom to 1/3 up.

i ended up just mounting my center on the wall with a tv shelf, as suggested in the stickied thread. thought the wife would hate that so never brought it up--little did i know that would go over much better than some of the stands i was considering. I ended up getting a stand from Ikea (Oppli) for about $100 that seems to be just the right size for me. I think it's only about 22" high, but for a 50" set, it seems perfect.

I've got a piece of wood furniture for my HT setup, the HT 250 series from Ethan Allen. I can't link it for you since they run a servlet on their website. It is a beautiful piece and fits the 50 inch plasma easily and all of my components. Increases the "Wife Acceptance Factor" (WAF) significantly.

Default Re: tv stands?

hi, i haven't posted here in awhile but i have a similar question. for my cmt340 center i need a basic tv stand with at least an 8" shelf underneath for the speaker. i'm not looking for perfect placement, i'll take what i can get. mounting on the wall or above the tv isn't possible in my situation. oh, and the stand needs to hold a 40" lcd and only needs that one shelf for the speaker.
    powdered toast man away!

Quote Originally Posted by jeh View Post
    hi, i haven't posted here in awhile but i have a similar question. for my cmt340 center i need a basic tv stand with at least an 8" shelf underneath for the speaker. i'm not looking for perfect placement, i'll take what i can get. mounting on the wall or above the tv isn't possible in my situation. oh, and the stand needs to hold a 40" lcd and only needs that one shelf for the speaker.
    Jeh,

We just received two of these new stands offered by Omnimount. http://www.hometheaterdesignmag.com/...re/121208link/

The main unit is the LT63

The stand can also be expanded by adding additional components.

The nice thing about this stand is that it is a bit higher than most and a 340 SE center (or Sierra-1 center) fit perfectly in the open shelf below the TV. We are using one of these and it is perfect, plus (a BIG plus) my wife absolutely loves it.

We plan to sell these and we would be happy to order one for you.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

so is this one unit or two in this picture?
    powdered toast man away!