Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New member here- Hello!!

Thanks dave.

Your efforts to put out a very high quality speaker, at a bargain price, have definitely been a success in my book!!

I LIKE the looks of the 170s(and the 340 of course), sure there are much fancier cabinets out there, but these blend in without issue, and are simple, good looking speakers, they don't call out, until you turn them ON!!

It's clear to me, that you put the R&D $ into the inside of the box, which IMO is how it should be done.

Congrats on a fine product.

I hope you, and the rest of the family feel better soon, it's a real bummer being sick, especially during the Holidays.

Get well soon.

muzz
    Wasting $ on garbage is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife....

Well I FINALLY finished my conversions I had planned.
    Removed the small Micros (surrounds), and put the CR75's in their place.
    Recalibrated everything....

I just started watching movies with my new setup, and I must say, it sounds MUCH better!!

Although alot of surround stuff is higher frequency, there seems to be some stuff that makes use of these larger surround speakers.

Phantom Menace sounds awesome!!
    U571 anyone?

I'm definitely digging this!!

Don't forget to go outside, get some fresh air and exercise......having a good sound system will keep you inside too much.
    -curtis

I was outside for almost 2 days str8,yesterday was pretty cold, 0-10 degree wind chill..

I'm more of a homebody anyways, I work outside most of the time as well.

I have to say living in Anchorage gives me plenty of indoor time during winter right now we only have 5 hours and 43 minutes of daylight and with the coldest NOV since 1970 average highs of 8 and I even saw a whopping -28 on my home weather center. Indoors with my system is right where I want to be .
    Last edited by scottkelly; 12-10-2006 at 12:24 AM.

What happen to global warming? Sometimes I really wonder. We've had it fairly cold here too in Wisconsin. It's suppose to start warming up here. One thing about winter it lets you enjoy different toys.

Later, daman

I put on a CD, that in the past has always sounded good(still sounds good, except below remarks), I never noticed an issue with this CD B4, so I am asking for folks to see if they are hearing what I am hearing.

Neil Diamond
    12 Greatest Hits
    Vol.II

Song #2- Hello Again

This song is very Dynamic, vocals dominate this song, and they are rich and deep, but there are alot of quiet passages
    I noticed a buzzing during this song, I tried this with Optical AND Analog connection to my Yamaha HTR-5550, Pioneer 563A Universal player ( HD-A1 is packed up and ready to be driven to be repaired), both connections exhibit this background buzzing.
    Can ANYONE else here here this buzzing in the background, or is there something wrong with my AVR/Player?
    I can clearly hear this, especially if turned up to 70DB or so.

I know alot of folks laugh at Neil Diamond, and thats fine, but his recordings usually sound mint, and he does have a great voice.

I listen to everything(not a fan of Rap though), Metal, Pop,Jazz,Rock,Blues,Funk,Disco......
    Pretty much everything, so please refrain from disparaging remarks.

Thanks for any input

muzz

If you don't hear problems with other material, I bet it is just something in the recording.
    -curtis

Well Curtis, I've never heard it before!!

Just got my HD-A1 fixed(nice to live 65 miles away from the repair facility!!), so I am FINALLY able to watch HDDVDS AND listen to the 170s/340SEC at the same time.

I'm watching V for Vendetta in True HD......

Unbelievable!!
    It sounded good with my old gear, but the sound is unbelievable with the new frontstage and moving the CR75's to surround duty!!
    Vocal quality is undeniable with Ascends.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

You never heard the recording on Ascends before either.

V for Vendetta must be pretty nice in HD-DVD.....it sounded good in DD, I can only imagine TrueHD.
    -curtis