Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New member here- Hello!!

I never really turn up my BA PV600 sub that much(usually a lil over 3, no more than 4), I live in an End Unit Townhouse, so I have 1 adjoining neighbor.....
    That is a serious PITA.......

BUT....

I listened a bit loud tonight, and I REALLY started to pay attention to the sub, I cranked it up, and went through alot of trials..........

I don't even like that sub at high output, it usually rests at low output, and it sounds decent there, but crank it up ( even to 5 or so) it sounds like dogshit..... rumbling.... ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

I will be looking into a new sub soon, HSU/SVS who knows..........
    I'm looking HSU because of this forum....AVS folks seem to like them as well, although SVS is highly thought of there as well... this will take awhile I think....
    Wasting $ on garbage is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife....

Yes, a VTF-3 MK2 or HO from HSU will be a HUGE improvement over that Boston sub. My MK2 reaches down to 15hz, and the HO gets down to 13hz.

I think the PV600 is just sloppy at higher levels, it just doesn't feel/sound tight and quick.

muzz....where are you located?
    -curtis

20 miles south of Boston

Wink

Hey Muzz
    I have a Mirage S12 which is pretty decent. I am in the Quincy area if you ever want to swing by
    Last edited by ChrisC; 11-26-2006 at 10:00 AM.

Thx. for the offer Chris.

I am NOW in the Sub exploration stage, I've been looking everywhere for info on what I refer to as AFFORDABLE subs.
    I am also looking at DIY designs, including Sonotubes, WAF is not an issue here!!

Like I said, Thx. for the offer, I may just take you up on it.

muzz

Muzz

If COST is really an issue you should consider HTM-200. CBM-170 for surround duty might be overkill. Are these 170 B-stock cheaper...?

I dare say, a HTM-200 all around system is very respectable, for HT in a mid-seized room.

good luck
    CBM-170 L/R
    CMT-340C
    HTM-200 surr
    STF-2 SW
    Marantz SR-8400 rcvr
    LG DZ-9921 DVD

I believe the current B-Stock sale is $100 off the 170SEs, so what, $248 plus shipping? That's CRAZY!! I already own a pair, have no need for more, but I want to buy them just for the price!!! hehe. I don't even want to know what B-stock 340SEs would cost. I don't have the $$ so knowing would just torture me. Those I WANT but must ... be ... patient ...

For an incredible bang for buck sub I totally recommend the SVS PB10-NSD. It will utterly destroy, embarrass, laugh at, and otherwise have your Boston sub for breakfast, for only $500. I have the ISD (same thing) along with a more expensive Hsu VTF-2 Mk2 for a while which I loved, beautiful little sub, but needed to lose one of them and there was no contest, I had to keep the SVS. Just as clean, accurate and musical but considerably more output, deeper extension, and for less money. Plus it doubles as a nice little end table.
    www.popularsoundproductions.com
    Live sound reinforcement, live 24-track digital recording

I'm leaning towards building a Rythmic Audio/Direct servo sub.
    Sealed enclosure,rockin' for< $500
    I already have the wood.

I didn't really want to spend the $ on a sub, but after listening to the 600 I have loud.......
    Lets just say I am unimpressed, and have been listening to far more music lately.
    Last edited by muzz; 11-29-2006 at 09:29 PM.