Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: New member here- Hello!!

Listening to TOOL now, the 170's sound mint, quick and hard notes are NP at all.

This is probably the 1st HARD stuff I've listened to on the 170se's, and I know these songs(I've also seen these guys live 15 minutes from my house).
    The 170's aren't even breathing heavy, they are handling this stuff without issue........
    I've brought in my cds from my truck, Tool,Pantera, VH, Rush, Queensryche,Godsmack, Puddle of Mudd etc......
    These are getting a good ROCK workout this weekend...

I have NO doubt, they will laugh at all of it.
    Wasting $ on garbage is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife....

Can you really do that? From Karen Carpenter to Tool? Isn't there some adjustment period?

You have a wider range of taste than I do!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    Can you really do that? From Karen Carpenter to Tool? Isn't there some adjustment period?

You have a wider range of taste than I do!
    My wife thinks I'm nuts from going from Tool to Rage Against the Machine to Depeche Mode to Classical. I can't wait to hear all of these on the pair of 340s I ordered this week!

O yes curtis, VERY easily.
    I am the 2nd youngest of 6 kids, when I was a little kid,I stole all of my music(albums,45's, and 8 tracks) from my olders sisters and brother..
    EDIT: My first Album? Stones-Hot Rocks, my sis gave me after she realised I stole it!!, 1st 8 Track? Pink Floyd, Wish you were here- Brother didn't beat my asssssssssss!!
    Pink Floyd, Stones, Aerosmith, Paperlace, Carpenters,Smokey and the Miracles, Disco, etc...
    They had varying tastes between them, so I got to sample ALOT of different stuff as a kid.
    My Oldest sister is 10 years older than me, my brother is 9 years older, then sisters are 7 and 4 years older.

Needless to say I had ALOT of different tunage to digest.
    I actually turned out to be the hellion of the family, listening (and playing) Hard Rock most of the time.
    The bands I have been in played alot of different stuff, some fusion type stuff ( like Jeff Beck), all the way to Rush,Queensryche,Fates Warning, and many others.

I told you curtis, I like ALL GOOD stuff, I wasn't kidding.
    Neil Diamond and the Carpenters are great at what they do, Rush and Tool are great at what they do.
    I listen to a buttload in between as well.....
    I actually prefer Rock these days, but i STILL like the old great sounds of yesterday.
    I don't care if they aren't popular anymore, or frowned upon TBO, i think the sounds are great, and thats what music is all about IMO.
    I'm actually listening to Queensryche-Rage For Order right now, at app. 60db with the 170's.
    Sounds fantatsic
    Last edited by muzz; 12-29-2006 at 06:25 PM.

The cool thing about my family when I was a kid, was the diversity.....

My eldest sister liked Rock, not hard stuff though, she Liked the Stones, the Turtles etc.., she also loved disco
    My brother liked Floyd, Aerosmith, etc..
    the 3rd oldest( a sister) LOVED Motown- which I grew to love as well.
    next sister loved poppy stuff, but also some of the rest......

I had ALOT to listen to, and thats one of the things I am eternally grateful for..

if you havent listened to the red hot chille peppers newest double cd (stadium arcadium) you should. great cd. dunno if you like that group but its great on the 170's.

I listened to RHCP alot in the past, but not yet on these. I'll look into that CD.

Thx for the suggestion.

m

Quote Originally Posted by kinggimp82
    if you havent listened to the red hot chille peppers newest double cd (stadium arcadium) you should. great cd. dunno if you like that group but its great on the 170's.
    Actually cranking this right now on my setup!
    -curtis

i don't know about RHCP... it seems like all their more recent stuff sounds exactly the same. their old stuff is great though.

i've always found blink-182's last album (self-titled) to be extremely well produced. it has tons of different sounds scattered throughout the album, and the mixing is spot on. also, travis is easily one of the best drummers ever, and i often hear little fills or highlights on my ascends that i never heard before on other speakers. i know a lot of people think blink is too childish to listen to if you're over 16 years old, but the self-titled album has a lot more maturity to it than the rest of their music and is definitely worth a listen on a good set of speakers, like the ascends.
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Never hated B182, but never really got into them either.

Thx for the heads up.

m