Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: B-Stock 170SE // $100 Off // I ordered a pair today.

Got my B-stock 170SE's today. Nothing obvious to suggest B-stock. They look and sound fantastic.

My only regret is I didn't order a second pair.

Thanks, Dave!!

At last I ordered my 170SE pair. I wanted to do it for a long time and this was the moment I was waiting for. They've already been shipped so I should get them in a few days (airmail to Montreal).

These will be for my bedroom, hooked up to a computer. I have yet to buy a good audio card (thinking about Audiophile 2496), the wires and the stands, at least I have the amplifier. My problem is that I am a student and I have exams to take until Christmas, so I won't be able to connect my 170s before 2-3 weeks. Ouch!!!!

Virgil.

Default Nooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    You left coasters don't have to wait a week while UPS sends our Ascends by horse drawn carriage accross the continent. And occasionally lets one of the horses put a hoof through our woof.

David
    Damn! I jinxed myself by asking about the condition of the b-stocks! My brother-in-law got the 170's today (in Minnesota) and one of them was smashed all to hell My brother-in-law sent me a couple digital photos of the damage....pretty gruesome. Hoof in the woofer is not that far off actually. I tried to link the pics but could not make it work. He said, "I called and talked to some guy named Dave F.", which I thought was pretty funny. Anyway, I think I will also put in a call tomorrow since I was the actual purchaser, but it sounds like Dave is going to have a fresh pair sent out tomorrow. Hate to see that happen to a pair of speakers so young...sniff, sniff....they never got a chance to live! WHHHYYYY!?

Quote Originally Posted by wineguy
    Damn! I jinxed myself by asking about the condition of the b-stocks! My brother-in-law got the 170's today (in Minnesota) and one of them was smashed all to hell
    ....and I jinxed myself by complaining about the tax+shipping we californians pay! :-(. One of the speakers I received was also smashed badly.

Yeah, I ship wine for a living, so I am more than aware of the perils of shipping. Even so, it still blows when it happens to you though