Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: B-Stock 170SE // $100 Off // I ordered a pair today.

Smile

My SE 170s shipped today, Wednesday; I will get them Friday. I'm in Nevada so I only paid $268 shipped. Really looking forward to getting them now. I'm sure I will have fun playing them this weekend. Really looking forward to getting them.

You guys getting the 170SE's, what will you be using them with? Electronics, subs?
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by 1Time
    My SE 170s shipped today, Wednesday; I will get them Friday. I'm in Nevada so I only paid $268 shipped. Really looking forward to getting them now. I'm sure I will have fun playing them this weekend. Really looking forward to getting them.
    Mine did too, unfortunately I won't get mine till the 5th.....

Unfortunately it seems that My 340SE CC hasn't shipped yet, it shows 2 packages, 32 lbs..
    Hopefully that won't be too far behind.

EDIT: My 340SEcc HAS shipped. It said 2 packages, 32lbs......
    It should have said 2 total packages, 60 LBS total weight.

My oversight, but I didn't see that there were TWO seperate tracking #'s(had to click 2 seperate packages, and Walllla!! 2 tracking #'s now.), I was only given 1.
    Last edited by muzz; 12-01-2006 at 10:18 AM.
    Wasting $ on garbage is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife....

Mine are also on there way! My ship date will also be the 5th. I will power them with a Denon 3802. The sub will be a HSU VTF3 MKII.

Here's another guy who's really looking forward to this. I've been meaning to try Ascend for about 4 years now. My wife is'nt to excited though, I've got way to many speakers (LOL). If I like these my Onix XLS pair will be up for sale.

Later, Daman

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    You guys getting the 170SE's, what will you be using them with? Electronics, subs?
    I've got an older, small 100w Acoustic Research sub that still makes noise I'm going to try out. If that doesn't cut it, I may be getting a new sub. I'm open for suggestions / recommendations up to $500 or so.

Sony DVP-NS71HP DVD player
    Pany XR-55 or H/K AVR630 receiver

Quote Originally Posted by daman
    Mine are also on there way! My ship date will also be the 5th. I will power them with a Denon 3802. The sub will be a HSU VTF3 MKII.

Here's another guy who's really looking forward to this. I've been meaning to try Ascend for about 4 years now. My wife is'nt to excited though, I've got way to many speakers (LOL). If I like these my Onix XLS pair will be up for sale.

Later, Daman
    Calibrated, that is going to be a nice pairing! It will sound much different than the X-LS.....I'll be interested in your impressions.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by 1Time
    I've got an older, small 100w Acoustic Research sub that still makes noise I'm going to try out. If that doesn't cut it, I may be getting a new sub. I'm open for suggestions / recommendations up to $500 or so.

Sony DVP-NS71HP DVD player
    Pany XR-55 or H/K AVR630 receiver
    Plenty of good subs in the $500 range.
    -curtis

The 170se b-stocks are going to my parents who will be running it with a Hsu STF-2 and the Pioneer VSX-516. I also scored the $100 rebate BB was running on the 516 right before Thanksgiving. The STF-2 was last year's X-mas gift, now the Pioneer and 170se's are this years gift to round it out.....what a good son Now I just need to make up my mind about stands for them.

My two pair shipped! woohoo!

My budget wasn't really ready for this, but hey, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Now I need to save up for the 340s

Oh, I'll be using my trusty old H/K AVR-435, sans auto-eq. They'll be enjoying good company with my lovely VTF-3HO Turbo.
    Last edited by Jonnyozero3; 11-30-2006 at 02:26 PM.
    Jon O.

I got my pair of 170se yesteday. I could not pass up the extender discount that made the pair even cheaper than the B stock option

I have set them up in the family room, where I plan to listen to them at a lower volume than my primary system. At this time, I'm not planning to get a sub for these. I listened to Diana Krall's "Live in Paris" album on these yesterday and was very happy. (The DVD for the same album sounded awsome on my 340s and 200s. It has a DTS track. The DVDs for "Hell Freezes Over" and this album is a nice way to demo your system. Anyways, I digess )

The 170s are larger than they look in the pictures. I thought that they would be a little bigger than 200s, but they are almost double the size. Don;t think my wife is impressed with their looks and size. Need to get those Bello stands to make the setup look a little nicer