Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: B-Stock 170SE // $100 Off // I ordered a pair today.

Default B-Stock 170SE // $100 Off // I ordered a pair today.

Was on the fence for a while now about whether to buy a pair, but at this price I could not resist.

If I wasn't putting money into a widescreen, I'd have jumped at that price. It dosen't matter that I don't really need them, I still want a pair of 170's.

David

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    If I wasn't putting money into a widescreen, I'd have jumped at that price. It dosen't matter that I don't really need them, I still want a pair of 170's.

David
    lol... You're a stronger man than me then. I'm saving up for a widescreen in the near future too and didn't "need" the 170's either. Just could not resist at this price.

I too could not pass it up. I was all set to get some bookshelves for my parent's x-mas present. Almost pulled the trigger on some Onix x-ls for ~$250 shipped. I am a former owner of the 340 Classics, so when I saw 170se's for $268 shipped....well let's just say the ol' plastic hasn't jumped out of my wallet that fast in a while What kind/extent of "cosmetic damage" does Ascend usually let pass? This is my first time getting a b-stock item from anyone.

Hi Guys,

Happy Thanksgiving!

These B-stock units are in very good shape... There were 3 categories of minor problems:

1. Finish "texture" was slightly off (color is perfect) and didn't match regular production. We probably could have sold these as new but since the finish was slightly off, we would prefer to just let them go as b-stock.

2. Rout depth on the tweeter or woofer higher than our allowable tolerance. This means that the tweeter or woofer is sitting slightly higher than flush.

3. A minor scratch, nick or smudge.

Our cabinet vendor gave us some credit towards these units and I need the warehouse space now (3 containers of goods due in the new few weeks).

I haven't looked at the quantities yet but I don't think there will be any of these left by Monday. They are going FAST.

Happy Turkey Day!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Sounds great! I can' t wait to see them. Last year's gift was a Hsu STF-2, so the addition of a pair of 170se's and they will be sittin' pretty

Just ordered a set of 170's and a 340se CC.
    I just couldn't resist the price of such a highly regarded speaker.

I'll let ya know what I think, first foray into Ascends!!

Boo, gone by Monday. Don't have the stuff to pawn Dave, I don't suppose this is the price you offer on all B-Stocks ever, or just on this particular batch?

Quote Originally Posted by wineguy
    I am a former owner of the 340 Classics, so when I saw 170se's for $268 shipped....well
    Congratulations wineguy! It's a heck of a deal!
    I also ordered a pair, but for $288 shipped. We, californians, pay the same flat rate shipping($20) and tax too ($20)!
    Last edited by Abhi; 11-27-2006 at 05:24 PM. Reason: cheapskate remarks removed. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Abhi
    Congratulations wineguy! It's a heck of a deal!
    I also ordered a pair, but for $288 shipped. We, californians, pay the same flat rate shipping($20) and tax too ($20)! In short, we pay more for living closer to Ascend Acoustics! What an irony! I had to update my cart from 2 pairs to 1. :-(.
    You left coasters don't have to wait a week while UPS sends our Ascends by horse drawn carriage accross the continent. And occasionally lets one of the horses put a hoof through our woof.

David