Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yearg! B-Stocks or a Nintendo Wii?

Default Wii update

Santa caught a break today at lunch.

The EB Games store next to the restaurant where he was having lunch had some Wii's. Santa got in line and got the last one.
    -curtis

I guess that means the KIDS get the Wii !!
    Wasting $ on garbage is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife....

"Wii update" made me think of my step-dad and his kidney stone issue. haha.

Congrats on the snag, curtis. You're...I mean, you're son is lucky
    Jon O.

Yeah....I got real lucky.

When I found out the store had them. I ran out and grabbed my co-worker at the restaurant, he is trying to get one for his kids as well. We jumped in line, and I got the last one with him behind me....I felt kind of bad.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by KojiroTakenashi

Especially since I incurred the wrath of my Bank Fees for overdrawing it by 22 cents. Boo.
    Overage fees can usually be overturned by incessant calling and begging (as well as pretending to be incompetent yet good-intentioned). =)

Default tough but should be easy

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    My son is asking for a Wii from Santa.

If your son is asking from Santa, let's play devils advocate: you already have some speakers and he does not have the Wii. He will only grow up once and remember when you got your first nice game? So will he! How you feel now about the desire to have the Wii and the speakers is doubled for him b/c he wants the Wii and only the Wii. With the Wii, you can BOTH play! He doesn't care about your speakers, but the time with dad.... I am sure you will do the right thing (unless he has been a bad boy). Oh, BTW, wait for the Wii with the new straps b/c the current ones are breaking and controllers being tossed and breaking things or you might have to replace your speakers and your tv!

after this post i realized that you got the Wii, still I wanted to leave up my two cents! Good man Santa, you will both be happy... make sure the Wii has the new straps or get the new ones just in case!!!
    Last edited by audibleconnoisseur; 12-15-2006 at 06:16 AM. Reason: spelling

I've been doing some more speaker comparisons as of late, and keeping in mind that sound quality preferences are subjective and individual, I'm not entirely sure the signatures were a step forward from the classics, to my ears at least. I may be doing some blind level matched comparisons between 340 classics and signatures with at least three people in the not too distant future.

Steve, I think I mentioned in your big thread that I didn't think the SE's would offer you much, if any, advantages, especially with your like for more energy in the treble and monster sub. The top end on the 340SE's is even flatter than the classic 340's. It will be interesting if you can detect differences in the mids/upper mids.

How much time have you spent listening to the SE's? When did you decide to get them?
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    We jumped in line, and I got the last one with him behind me....I felt kind of bad.
    Oh I laughed at that. I would have felt terrible as well.
    Jon O.

Steve, I think I mentioned in your big thread that I didn't think the SE's would offer you much, if any, advantages, especially with your like for more energy in the treble and monster sub. The top end on the 340SE's is even flatter than the classic 340's. It will be interesting if you can detect differences in the mids/upper mids.

How much time have you spent listening to the SE's? When did you decide to get them?
    I didn't pick up any signatures, I had a get together with Ryan (you may know him as ---k---) and JonW after Thanksgiving in which we compared Jon's recently built diy Modula MTs to Ryan's signature 340s. I'd post a link to the results but I don't want to get hounded by the members here Anyway, what was odd was that a few of the reasons we preferred the Modulas were completely opposite of why I prefer the VR3s to the 340 classics. So the next weekend I brought my classics up front and AB'd them again against my VR3s, and I find myself having a hard time believing that the differences between the classics and sigs are small and insignificant. Based on those two comparisons (not a direct classics vs sigs yet), it seems that the sigs are a pretty fair amount brighter, possibly making them sound a little thinner.