Thread: Yearg! B-Stocks or a Nintendo Wii?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Yearg! B-Stocks or a Nintendo Wii?

If any of you are like me, you probably got the eMail...problem is, I only have a small amount of cash to go around. I don't know if I want to sell my classics (they could do center or rear duty)...So yeah, SE B-Stocks, or a Wii? Help me out here!

I want both

Yearg!? LOL! What's going on Kojiro? You have a pair of classic 170s now? Do you still have my old center channel? I'm tempted to jump on those B-stock 170s as well to use for rears.

My son is asking for a Wii from Santa.
    -curtis

Well, I just went $536 more into credit card debt Couldn't resist a deal like this for my surrounds.
    Jon O.

the wii is pretty awesome...

but so are ascend speakers...

dunno what to tell you. i'm glad i have both

but if you already have classics, i'd say try out the wii.

Oh, I bought two used center channels and essentially made up a pair for $210 or thereabouts, one of them being yours, Mike. It was pretty tough to scrounge up, but eBay was the ticket - I suppose there was less percieved value for 1 speaker vs. the two.

Ideally I'd have both. Dad said he'd go halfway with me on a Wii...so maybe there's hope for it, although I don't know if I'll get enough paycheck in time.

Especially since I incurred the wrath of my Bank Fees for overdrawing it by 22 cents. Boo.

Default tough but should be easy

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    My son is asking for a Wii from Santa.

If your son is asking from Santa, let's play devils advocate: you already have some speakers and he does not have the Wii. He will only grow up once and remember when you got your first nice game? So will he! How you feel now about the desire to have the Wii and the speakers is doubled for him b/c he wants the Wii and only the Wii. With the Wii, you can BOTH play! He doesn't care about your speakers, but the time with dad.... I am sure you will do the right thing (unless he has been a bad boy). Oh, BTW, wait for the Wii with the new straps b/c the current ones are breaking and controllers being tossed and breaking things or you might have to replace your speakers and your tv!

after this post i realized that you got the Wii, still I wanted to leave up my two cents! Good man Santa, you will both be happy... make sure the Wii has the new straps or get the new ones just in case!!!
    Last edited by audibleconnoisseur; 12-15-2006 at 06:16 AM. Reason: spelling

I've been doing some more speaker comparisons as of late, and keeping in mind that sound quality preferences are subjective and individual, I'm not entirely sure the signatures were a step forward from the classics, to my ears at least. I may be doing some blind level matched comparisons between 340 classics and signatures with at least three people in the not too distant future.

Steve, I think I mentioned in your big thread that I didn't think the SE's would offer you much, if any, advantages, especially with your like for more energy in the treble and monster sub. The top end on the 340SE's is even flatter than the classic 340's. It will be interesting if you can detect differences in the mids/upper mids.

How much time have you spent listening to the SE's? When did you decide to get them?
    -curtis