Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How about an Ascend Acoustics Subwoofer?!

An Ascend sub - now that would be perfect with my music setup. I can hear it now, nice and tight, punchy (like a bass kick drum) but not 'boomy' like H/T subs are designed to be.

David - take your time - I'm sure you have lots to keep you busy, but when it comes out - send me an email, I'd be very very interested

what does this mean??

Stay Tuned For An Exciting Announcement Regarding Subwoofers for 2007 and Beyond!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joacosole
    what does this mean??

Stay Tuned For An Exciting Announcement Regarding Subwoofers for 2007 and Beyond!!!
    It means stay tuned. Ascend will be offering a different line of subs in the very near future. I'm guessing it will be an established ID sub manufacturer. What's your guess?

David

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    It means stay tuned. Ascend will be offering a different line of subs in the very near future. I'm guessing it will be an established ID sub manufacturer. What's your guess?

David
    JAJAJAJJAJA. I know that it means to stay tuned, I wanted to know if someone has an inside scoop to it.

My guesses:
    -Making some kind of contract with HSU
    -Contract with SVS
    -Contract with both
    -An Ascend subwoofer that blends seemless with their speakers. Maybe down from 16hz to 80hz. No x-over needed, just plug and play.

Quote Originally Posted by joacosole View Post
    what does this mean??

Has it really been a year since this was posted on the sub product page??

Come on Dave...throw us a bone....

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman View Post

David
    My guess is it doesn't take a year to reach a dealership agreement with a sub manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    My guess is it doesn't take a year to reach a dealership agreement with a sub manufacturer.
    agreed. there's got to be something coming that has Ascend's name on it somewhere... can't wait!
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Well, on the one hand I think it would be nice to have one just so that people who are anal retentive could have a complete brand matching home theater speaker set instead of having ascends with x-brand subwoofer. They would know that the set was engineered to be together that way.

On the other hand, I think Dave has a point about Hsu. I mean, is there really a whole lot he could add to the table in the sub realm? He would basically be doing it just to do it.

What stands over the test of time? Sound quality. From Dave's post above, I think that is what he is going after if he develops a sub.
    -curtis

Hsu's recent comments about changing business models lead me to guess they are either going to mainly do "engineered by Hsu" jobs for brick-and-mortar retail speaker brands or go directly into B&M sales again (like they tried with CompUSA a while back).

While it's possible they just design for ID companies like Outlaw and Ascend, I doubt it.