Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How about an Ascend Acoustics Subwoofer?!

Default How about an Ascend Acoustics Subwoofer?!

Hsu now has bookshelf speakers as do SVS. How about it? I say bring on the Ascend Acoustics Subwoofer!

I think this would be a good thing too. With his previous job history, I am sure he has worked on and and with some great subs.

But the poor guy hardly has any leftover time as it is, now you want a sub, an GaryB wants a tower. You guys are relentless! It's not like DaveF goes out and hires others to do his design/engineering.

He did once tell me, "With subs as good as Hsu, and the cost, there really is no need to make subs."
    -curtis

An Ascend sub is coming. I feel it in my low frequency bones.

David

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    It's not like DaveF goes out and hires others to do his design/engineering.
    ha
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    ...GaryB wants a tower...
    Don't forget the 3-way center!

"With subs as good as Hsu, and the cost, there really is no need to make subs."
    With all the offerings from Hsu, SVS, and others (the upcoming Mark Seaton-designed MFW-15 from AV123 looks really interesting), I for one am not clamoring for an Ascend sub.

I have to agree with Gary - there are lots of good, well priced options out there. I'm happy picking up a Hsu, SVS, Onix, ACI, etc model.

I think it would be cool to own a sub from Ascend. I'd be most interested in a moderate sized sub for a 2 channel/music only system...perhaps a sealed design. Something tells me that Davef is working on a bass stand for the existing SE lineup. This would cover those that desire a full range speaker/sans sub offering. How close am I Davef??????

Randy
    Last edited by Lou-the-dog; 11-22-2006 at 03:43 PM.

Put me down for a NO vote on subs. Sub people should do subs and speaker people should do speakers, not that I do not think Dave could do a sub.

I am a happy SVS sub owner. As some here may know SVS sent out questionaires to recent purchasers asking questions about how to improve their products....my suggestion was to stop making speakers and just be THE SUB to own.

I think that when you branch into other areas the immediate response is good as you sell a lot off of your name, but I think it is inevideble that the products suffer the customer support suffers and pretty soon you are not the company that attracted people in the first place.

I also think there are still a lot of speaker things left to do: floor standers, computer speakers, in wall speakers....Just my 2 cents.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by tilt
    I also think there are still a lot of speaker things left to do: floor standers, computer speakers, in wall speakers
    I think computer speakers would be more distracting than a sub. It would require completely different drivers and enclosures, spec'ing little amplifiers, completely different market to understand, and lots of competition. At least the sub is familiar turf in terms of a market and DaveF certainly has experience working with various subs.

Dave has done subs before elsewhere. They were considered among the best at time.