Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HTM 200 For a 5.1 ?

Let me know if this works . Thanks Muzz
    The first is full front view.
    #2 is the VTF2-mk2 nearfield behind couch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scottkelly; 11-27-2006 at 09:05 PM.

This is the LCD mount
    #2 Is the left side sub VTF3-mk2 with turbo . It doubles as a cat step to the exterior window.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scottkelly; 11-27-2006 at 08:39 PM.

If you can, you should try to move the 340SE's so that they are in front of the entertainment center......or at least that the front of the speakers are in front of the plane of the entertainment center.

edited per Gary's catch.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    ...or at least that the front of the speakers are behind the plane of the entertainment center.
    I think you really mean that the fronts of the speakers should be in front of the plane of the entertainment center, i.e. closer to the listening position.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB
    I think you really mean that the fronts of the speakers should be in front of the plane of the entertainment center, i.e. closer to the listening position.
    Oooops...thanks for catching that Gary...you are right!
    -curtis

I guess the picture does look deceiving , the mains are actually in front by 3 inches or so except for the center and it is flush with the front plane of the entertainment center. And I constantly move the toe-in to get different effects , for instance with guest watching movies I find everyone(but me) gets better sound dispersion if I toe-out more forward and as soon as they leave It goes back to prime listening for me. I still use the cat laser toy and I have certain spots on the wall where I aim the speakers and after many hours of listening I have a good idea of where they sound best for now . Just as soon as I build these bass traps and other room treatments I will have to start over . Thanks for the tips though and as a relative noobie its good to know that people are able to help even with the smallest of details. While I am at it has anyone found an inexpensive alternative to the fairly expensive corner bass traps , I am still looking for the most sound absorption for the best price?