Thread: Looking to Audition: Pittsburgh, PA

Default Looking to Audition: Pittsburgh, PA

I'm in the market for some bookshelf speakers. The big three I'm looking at as of now are the Onix X-LS, Axiom M3ti, and the Ascend CBM-170 SE.

If anyone has the 170's in or very close to Pittsburgh and wouldn't mind an audition, let me know.

These speakers occupy different price points and they are certainly voiced quite differently. Have you looked at the Frapper map?

David

Yeah, I checked out the map. No one appears to be in Pittsburgh. I do not have a car, so its tough to get anywhere outside of Pittsburgh easily.

Are you saying the x-ls's are inferior to to the other speakers because they are only 220+shipping? The Axioms are 320 shipped while the Ascends are 370 shipped. I want to hear all three of these to see if paying more would be justified.

If shipping is an issue costwise, pick the speaker that best fits your budget and cosmetic preferences. You will most likely be happy with whatever one you choose. They are all good, but the 170's are a notch up soundwise according to most reviews I've seen comparing these to each other.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by goobernoodles
    Are you saying the x-ls's are inferior to to the other speakers because they are only 220+shipping? The Axioms are 320 shipped while the Ascends are 370 shipped. I want to hear all three of these to see if paying more would be justified.
    It's not a matter of inferiority. I own the X-LS's and three sets of Asends although no 170's. The X-LS's are a very good value at their price point expecially when you consider appearence. The Asend's are an excellent value at their price point although they don't get major accolades for appearence. Don't think you're going to get an Ascend for the price of an X-LS unless appearence is an overriding concern. I don't have any experience with the Axiom speakers.

David