Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reason to pick Ascend?

Yup...I also think there are also some subtle changes in other areas, but in no way do they stray from the proven Ascend philosophy.
    -curtis

I have a question also. I was looking for a new home theater and was almost set on an Ascend setup. However we had a family reunion and my cousin's husband, I don't know if he's considerd my cousin or not, helped me out. He owns a store in Houston, we live in Milwaukee so we don't see him much. But he was able to get me PSB Image T55's and the Image C60. The towers were around $540 for the pair and the center was about $260. And I got the S50's in the mid $500 dollar range I don't remember exactly. I'm asking, if you guys were able to get that deal (not trying to rub it in) would you choose the PSB speakers over the Ascends? I really wanted to do a comparison but I'm only 16 and can't easily pay on the internet and my parents we're too enthused about that. So I have the question in the back of my mind still how my speakers compare to the Ascends.

Quote Originally Posted by inboardshooter
    I'm asking, if you guys were able to get that deal (not trying to rub it in) would you choose the PSB speakers over the Ascends?
    No, but if I was 16 and got those PSB's, I'd be in 7th heaven. Those are nice speakers. Enjoy.

David

I'm with Dave. The PSB's are good, and the only way to know your preference is to compare.

It looks as though you got a great deal. Enjoy and worry about other things. I didn't my first pair of real speakers until I was out of college and had a job.
    -curtis

The first thing that went thru my head when i listened to my 170's was Holy ****. I had no idea what i was missing all these years. I upgraded from crappy Jensons. With lots of young kids, it was all i wanted.

I was listening to Fleetwood Mac the first night and had my eyes closed and when one of the symbols? or some similar type instrument was struck i heard it visually in my head. weird, but i actually visualized it.

then hearing a violincello? in one of Sarah McLachlins song freak me out. I thought something came loose in the speaker because the vibration of the strings was so real it sounded as if the speaker was jacked. No, no, it was what i now remember a real instrument sounding like that last time i had heard it live.
    My words to describe my 170's...."thanks Dave".