Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 340SE or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Zinje
    How different sounding are the classics from the SE's.
    I will be using them for movies with a subwoofer (svs 2039PC+).
    For movies with a good sub (yours certainly qualifies), I can't see much of a difference, if any. My LP is only eight feet from the speakers. The improvements in the SE's might be noticable in a larger area and a LP further from the speakers. That's strickly my guess. I'm not going to attempt to verify.
    I purchased the SE's for one reason. Both my wife and I normally enjoy listening to music w/o a sub. The SE's definitely go lower and w/o giving up all the things that we like about the Classics. If our main interest were movies, we might have had a tougher decision whether to keep the SE's. Music is our main interest and that is where the SE's shine. With a 2039+, the difference would be much less pronounced. Let us know your thoughts after you've had a chance to listen.
    My Classics are going to someone with an SVS. Maybe I'll get an opportunity to listen.

David

Well ascend confirmed they are indeed the classics. Only a year old so I talk to the guy that sold them to me. He was sincerely apologetic and offered some reimbursement more than what I expected. To say the least, even though i thought they were the SE's, I got an awesome deal on the classics.

It appears that the seller made an honest mistake. It's great that he made it right with you. Enjoy the Classics!!

Randy

Hi Zinje,

I fully agree with everyone here... For movies combined with that SV subwoofer, used classics at a great price are perfect. Enjoy!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com