Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dont know what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    You are welcome to come to my place as well, but you have to keep your orgasm outside.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    You are welcome to come to my place as well, but you have to keep your orgasm outside.
    Just be sure to cover all ports. Especially rear ports.
    Jon O.

Well hey thanks for the offer guys... but back tobusiness for a second.. As mentioned in the earlier posts of this forum i was advised to set my speakers to large. I would imagine that The subwoofer should be set to off and the crossover to the sub wouldnt matter at that point. Right?
    Also i am about to purchase a new subwoofer. I have decided to go with HSU instead of SVS. From what ive heard they sound basically the same within the price categories. My question is if the VTF-2 MK2 will have enough boom for my listening room??theroom is roughly 12' x 30' with a 10' ceiling. I really wasnt planning on spending $700 for a subwoofer but if I have to for the VTF-3 MK2 I will.

That is a large room...you will need a bigger subwoofer for sure. It will also depend on how close you sit to the sub.

As for subs from the two companies sounding the same......I dissagree with that statement.
    -curtis

So what subwoofer would you recommend? I only sit about 8-10' away from the subwoofer. Do you prefer SVS over HSU?

You obviously don't know Curtis...

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB
    You obviously don't know Curtis...
    Gary is right. I am a Hsu fan, and there are other forum members that are SVS fans....all camps are very happy. For those that have heard subs from both brands, I don't think many, if any, would say they sound the same.
    -curtis

I'm hoping to make it to Craig's next shootout so I can hear some of the subs that are getting all the good comments. I'm pretty unhappy with Hsu currently but it has nothing to do with their product.

David

Quote Originally Posted by scottyh
    I would imagine that The subwoofer should be set to off and the crossover to the sub wouldnt matter at that point. Right?
    Also i am about to purchase a new subwoofer. I have decided to go with HSU instead of SVS. From what ive heard they sound basically the same within the price categories. My question is if the VTF-2 MK2 will have enough boom for my listening room??theroom is roughly 12' x 30' with a 10' ceiling. I really wasnt planning on spending $700 for a subwoofer but if I have to for the VTF-3 MK2 I will.
    Hi scottyh,

To answer your first question -- YES.. If you turn the subwoofer setting off on your receiver, the receiver's crossover point will not matter provided that you have the speakers set to large.

Regarding a subwoofer -- both SVS and HSU make fantastic subwoofers. I wouldn't say they sound the same though -- there are differences between the two but I will guarantee that you would be quite happy with either. That being said, your room is large and I would recommend a 12" model from either Hsu or SVS. Since you mentioned that you are going to go with HSU, a good sub within your budget would be the STF-3 at well under $700. Give us a call if you are interested.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    I'm hoping to make it to Craig's next shootout so I can hear some of the subs that are getting all the good comments. I'm pretty unhappy with Hsu currently but it has nothing to do with their product.

David
    Customer service? That's my only problem with them. I guess I got to use to Dave's customer service.