Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: SE Measurements

Quote Originally Posted by Gov
    Dave are you going to include the 200's in this as well?
    I believe the 200's already have most of the measurements Dave listed.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    I believe the 200's already have most of the measurements Dave listed.
    I like how the FR is displayed in the ever-popular 6dB/division scale!

I have been bothered by that FR measurement, BTW. It does not seem to match up at all to the stated range of the loudspeaker. The graph looks like the HTM-200 does ~ 110Hz-20 KHz +- 3 dB. (Also there's that wierd flat portion at the upper frequencies that looks like something was saturated or something...)

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    Depends on how you take the full range measurement... close mic or ground plane...

I prefer ground plane for the low end and "splicing" this into the anechoic measurement. ...
    Dave - I would suggest not doing any splicing. I think many folks become suspicious of the accuracy of a curve when it is pieced together, as who is going to piece together any 'bad' parts? However, if I could see a close mic curve AND a spliced anechoic, together with an explanation of each, that would work.
    Just my 2 cents....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeAndAnnie
    Dave - I would suggest not doing any splicing. I think many folks become suspicious of the accuracy of a curve when it is pieced together, as who is going to piece together any 'bad' parts? However, if I could see a close mic curve AND a spliced anechoic, together with an explanation of each, that would work.
    Just my 2 cents....
    FWIW, I think that's more in depth than 98% of consumers know or care about. I think it's great to have as much information available as possible (and I'd love to see it all broken down and explained, of course), but you can make it overly complicated to the point where the consumer either feels dumb, or feels that it's complicated in order to actually hide something or mislead. I would be careful of that.

Also - until this thread I wasn't even aware that splicing happened on some FR response plots. And, frankly, I have no idea what other companies may have done so. That's my own ignorance though
    Jon O.

This sounds great! I can't wait to see the graphs!

Awesome work Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyozero3
    FWIW, I think that's more in depth than 98% of consumers know or care about.
    Also - until this thread I wasn't even aware that splicing happened on some FR response plots. And, frankly, I have no idea what other companies may have done so. That's my own ignorance though
    If you're not aware, I think 98% is WAY too low an estimate.

David

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    If you're not aware, I think 98% is WAY too low an estimate.

David
    Well, I'm aware that those such as us (who desire such information) account for approximately 0.14 percent of the cosumer population...but I'm also aware that we are much more important (of course we are!), so I calculated a fudge factor of 14.285714285714285714285714285714 to get to a weighted result which amplified our importance in the estimate. So, instead of 0.14%, I bumped us up to 2%, leaving the rest of the "normies" at a compressed 98%. Selfish thing for me to do...I know. But I was hoping my skewed numbers would, in a backhanded way, convince Dave to not only provide all the above information, but photos of the warehouse, testing chamber(s), diagrams, schematics, personal notes (handwritten included, legible or not), in order to better inform us about his product.
    Jon O.

Jon ---

Your post is cracking me up! My baby has been driving us nuts -- this is the first good laugh I have had in a few days.. Thank You!!! Very Much Needed!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Anytime Dave Glad to hear the baby has healthy lungs
    Last edited by Jonnyozero3; 10-13-2006 at 01:11 PM.
    Jon O.

Ummm....I just noticed, because someone posted a graph in the AVS forum, the new measurements are up:

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages...t340mmeas.html

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages...bm170meas.html
    -curtis