Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couch against the wall. What do you use for surrounds?

Default Couch against the wall. What do you use for surrounds?

My couch sits against the back wall so I need some suggestions on what kind of rears to use with the 170SE Front L/R and the 340SE as the center. I was thinking the omnisat since it has a wide dispersion. What do you guys think? This is just for a 5.1 setup.

Just use the HTM-200. It will work fine in that situation.
    -curtis

I just point them inward?

As opposed to what?

Maybe we need a clearer picture. Where were you going to mount the surrounds?
    -curtis

I will be placing the surrounds on stands and not on the wall since there are no walls to the side.

Great....so play around with positioning, but aimed toward the listening are is was seems to work best for me.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Zinje
    I will be placing the surrounds on stands and not on the wall since there are no walls to the side.
    This is how I've done it. My 200's are on stands to each side approx. 46" above the floor. My stands are adjustable and I've experimented quite a bit. The sound wasn't quite as good below 40" and going much higher can make the stands a bit unstable so I usually compromise at 46."

David

In your situation, as was mine as well, 200's definately. They are awesome surround speakers!

Unforunatley, I have the same situation with the couch against the back wall. I have a 200 to each side facing the listening position 30 iches off the ground and two behind the couch on the floor facing up for 7.1 and it seems to work well even though it's a less then ideal set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by RJW
    Unforunatley, I have the same situation with the couch against the back wall. I have a 200 to each side facing the listening position 30 iches off the ground and two behind the couch on the floor facing up for 7.1 and it seems to work well even though it's a less then ideal set-up.
    Just wondering. Does your setup sound significantly better than if just went with 5.1?