Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Heroes on NBC

Curtis... I agree about the Mom scene. Too 'OT'. Though it did at least hint at 'why' he's so messed-up.

And, yes, where did he get the 'water into snow' and frozen sword capabilities. Odd indeed.

Otherwise good stuff, especially the revelation that the shape-shifting woman doesn't actually change, it's just what she makes you see... ooooooooh! Nice. I wonder if that's what she really looks like, or if she's just making everyone see that?!

And I still can't wait to see what Peter and Nathan's mom can do.

shane
    Yes Eve, I like to watch.

My setup:
    http://www.fototime.com/5EF1F78FC789849/orig.jpg
    HT: 340SE's Front & Center - 340 Classic's Surround, SVS PB110-ISD.
    Office (2-ch): 170SE's

Quote Originally Posted by shane55
    Otherwise good stuff, especially the revelation that the shape-shifting woman doesn't actually change, it's just what she makes you see... ooooooooh! Nice. I wonder if that's what she really looks like, or if she's just making everyone see that?!
    I'm not too worried...she looks pretty good to me!
    -curtis

And I still can't wait to see what Peter and Nathan's mom can do.
    Yeah...and I am also wondering who their father is.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    Yeah...and I am also wondering who their father is.
    linderman? who knows...

anyways, with regards to the whole sylar breaking out of hiro's stop-time, i think what happened is that hiro lost concentration when he was about to kill sylar, because he wasn't ready to do it. if you noticed, sylar's mom started falling again at the same time.

as for the freezing ability, i think we've seen sylar use powers before that weren't explicitly shown where he got them from. i can't think of any concrete examples off the top of my head, but it is more or less implied that he has killed others than those shown on screen.

the shapeshifter i remember either reading about in the online novel or seeing her making other people see stuff, as opposed to just changing shape, but i wasn't positive until this week's episode. i had this theory about the future episode that the guy f.hiro stabbed, thinking it was sylar, was actually someone else who sylar was simply making f.hiro think was him. this is assuming sylar had already taken the girl's power before this...

crazy stuff!
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Of course... it's Linderman! Well... I have no idea, but it does make sense.

As for the freeze ability, wasn't he able to 'melt' things early-on? So this might just be the polar ability.

I don't know... and I really don't care much. It's all a damn good watch. I look forward to seeing it as I do with Battlestar G.

shane
    Yes Eve, I like to watch.

My setup:
    http://www.fototime.com/5EF1F78FC789849/orig.jpg
    HT: 340SE's Front & Center - 340 Classic's Surround, SVS PB110-ISD.
    Office (2-ch): 170SE's

As for the freeze ability, wasn't he able to 'melt' things early-on? So this might just be the polar ability.
    the melting thing seemed to only work with metal, so i think it was more of a liquefying metals sort of power as opposed to melting. i think the polar ability would be claire's mom's human-torch like power.

the polar powers sort of came into play in the future episode when sylar and peter started fighting. if i remember correctly sylar sort of started charging up his freeze ability, prompting peter to pull out the flames (i assume he met claire's mom at some point in those five years...)
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Quote Originally Posted by drewface
    linderman? who knows...
    DOH! i'm an idiot. i completely forgot that ol' man petrelli was revealed to be an old war buddy of linderman's in the online comic a while back. oh well...

tonight's episode was FANTASTIC! i can't wait till next week. i'm gonna have to record it though cause MXPX is playing a nice little club i haven't been to in ages that night... at least i'll be home so i can watch it on a big tv, and i may even have the ascends hooked up by then (although that might make it worse since i will be recording from standard cable to a vhs...)

The writers/producers have done an outstanding job with the show! Heroes is one of a few shows that everyone in the house makes plans to watch together. One more episode left!

With all the chatter about the new speaker, this thread has lost some attention.

Yes...Monday's episode was a great set-up for the last episode. I am starting to wonder how things will unfold for next season.
    -curtis

I wonder how long before they get it on DVD. I know several people who have been avoiding the show because they started watching in the middle of the season. Shows like this are more enjoyable when you haven't missed most of it.