Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 31 mile trail ultra & Ascends!

OK, Tom. Time to give up the day job and take that training to another level. We're with you. In spirit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tracka...ory?id=2608283

David
    Who stacked 8 cord of wood this morning and will be eating Ibprophen and drinking IPA the rest of the afternoon to recover.

Thats a LOT of wood, David! I think anyone would be sore after that workout! Take the opportunity to listen to your Ascends while recovering like I do!

I don't know if my respiratory / cardio system is that strong to ever get that fast as the people in that story! Maybe if I hit the lottery I'll hire a running coach and give it a try - AND get more 340SE's!!
    -- Tom --
    -- Tom --
    My HT

Default 100 mile trail run in June '07

Ok, I took the plunge and signed up for the Mohican Trail 100 Mile Run last week, as soon as registration opened up! NO TURNING BACK NOW! I now have 6.5 months to turn my body into a piece of steel. And that still might not be enough.
    -- Tom --
    My HT

Quote Originally Posted by tjennings
    Ok, I took the plunge and signed up for the Mohican Trail 100 Mile Run last week, as soon as registration opened up! NO TURNING BACK NOW! I now have 6.5 months to turn my body into a piece of steel. And that still might not be enough.
    Does insanity run in the family or are you the first? I'm no slouch in the endurance dept. but they'd find my body out on the Mohican Trail for sure if I attempted this one. Post an update once in awhile on how the training is going.

David

One of my co-workers does these ultra-marathon things.....he is pretty crazy too!

What kind of training routine will you have for the next 6 months?
    -curtis

Holy crap. You have no idea how lazy you just made me feel because I essentially took off the past month from running.

Definitely post some more details on your training and imminent muscular destruction.
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyozero3
    Holy crap. You have no idea how lazy you just made me feel because I essentially took off the past month from running.
    Don't feel so bad. I stopped running ten years ago.

Ok, I'll keep you updated every now and then on how the training is going. I joined my company's wonderful new fitness center this past Monday so I'm taking spin classes (ugh - TOUGH!), ab classes, etc. Need to be in the best shape of my life to even have a prayer of completing it... especially since it is mid-June and hot and humid normally... and I sweat profusely. Heat acclimation training will begin in earnest around February or March... I'll be wearing many layers of clothes on my runs, and cranking up the heater in my basement family room and doing Nordic Track x-country ski machine and hopping on my bike trainer (I don't own a treadmill).
    -- Tom --
    My HT