Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ascend modding experience

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    I am very interested. I just didn't have a clear understanding of what you did.
    I'm also very interested in this experiment. Thanks for taking the time and expense to do it. I'd be interested in Dave F's thoughts on this but he seems a bit occupied at the moment.

David

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    I am very interested. I just didn't have a clear understanding of what you did.
    I'll take a couple of pictures when I get the chance. Basically, there are two types of batting int he Ascends: typical polyfill wad and a piece of ~3/4" batting (like what you'd use when making a blanket) that goes around the two sides and the back, held in place with a few spots of hot glue.

I pulled all of the batting out, then cut pieces of No-rez to fit each side wall and stuck them in place (the adhesive on the no-rez seems quite good). I cut a piece to go on the 'ceiling' of the speaker and stuck it in place. Then I cut some pieces to fit along the back wall around the port and bind post cup/crossover and stuck them to the back. Then a couple of pieces to fit on the bottom and stuck them down. Lastly, I put the polyfill wad back in the speaker and screwed the drivers back in.

Net result: ~half a sheet of no-rez in the speaker and a ~1'x2' piece of 3/4" batting out of the speaker.

Hey, any updates on this? I'm curious as well....

Jon O.