Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speaker Suggestions for Small Theater

From reading all the responses, since your room opens-up a bit and budget/space isn't limited, seems like your original idea 340LCR + 200 surrounds might be the way to go. Might make for a more seemless front.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rover
    Lee... What made you get the cylinder vs. the box sub? The specs look very similar between the two. I would be looking to get either the 20-39 PCi or the PB12-NSD. The price is the same. I would be willing go another $50 and get the 16-46 PCi , but that would be the maximum I could go for a sub.
    From what little I've read here and AVS and the SVS site, seems to really come down to aesthetics (box/tube, footprint) rather than performance/SQ.

My room layout is very close to the picture 11' x 17' with part of the back being open to the kitchen. I am planning on the 340's across the front and the 200's in the back. I have a HSU VTF3 near field set up right behind my sofa. It's like having a Buttkicker and Sub all in one!

Even though my room is small, I'm also set up 7.1. Many will argue that it is too small of a room or overkill, it's not! It so so enveloping, you totally get into the movies.
    My current illness includes the following symptoms:

TV: Sony 50” SXRD
    Receiver: Marantz SR7500
    DVD: Marantz DV7600
    CD Changer: Marantz CC4300
    Power: APC H15
    Speakers: (JBL) Soon to change to Ascend
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 MK2

I don't feel it's the size of the room so much as it's the layout of the room that'll determine whether 7.1 will work or not. My listening area is larger than yours but it dosen't lend itself to 7.1.
    Our dining area is smaller but it would lend itself quite well to 7.1. That's if my wife didn't need it for that pesky table and china cabinets.

David

Hey I've got one of those "pesky table and china cabinets" rooms also!
    My current illness includes the following symptoms:

TV: Sony 50” SXRD
    Receiver: Marantz SR7500
    DVD: Marantz DV7600
    CD Changer: Marantz CC4300
    Power: APC H15
    Speakers: (JBL) Soon to change to Ascend
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 MK2