Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Verizon FIOS!

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    Let us know when it's up and running. We won't require a detailed report for at least a week.

David
    Install is on the afternoon of the 27th.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    Install is on the afternoon of the 27th.
    Congrats... honestly I don't expect you to get back to us about it until the afternoon of the 28th.

Details!

shane
    Yes Eve, I like to watch.

My setup:
    http://www.fototime.com/5EF1F78FC789849/orig.jpg
    HT: 340SE's Front & Center - 340 Classic's Surround, SVS PB110-ISD.
    Office (2-ch): 170SE's

Just got FIOS TV installed about 2 hours ago...been playing with it ever since. I have had the FIOS internet service for about a month.

Previous services have been Adelphia SD with TiVo, DirecTV SD with DirecTiVo, Adelphia HD with Moxi, and most recently Dish HD with the 942 PVR.

Picturewise, FIOS has all of them beat, except for possibly DirecTV's SD picture. The HD picture is the best I have had on my TV.

So far though, I am not liking the software or remote. I will give it more time though since 2 hours may not be fair for judgement.
    -curtis

Update needed. Verizon was on my street on Saturday doing prelims for FIOS. They couldn't give me a date for installation but at least it's progressing.

David

Well, I have had the FiOS internet service for a little over a month now and happy to report zero issues(knock wood). It is rock solid and fast.

I have had the TV service for five days. The kids are able to use the DVR to play their shows, so it can't be that bad. No hiccups from the DVR itself, it is doing the job. I think the interface is not as nice as TiVo(my favorite) or Dish, but it works. The remote is not that great, response is kind of slow....not sure if it is the remote or the DVR itself. When I get around to programming my MX-700 hopefully it will improve.

The picture quality is where it really shines. I never had HD from DirecTV, but I did have SD almost two years ago and loved it. SD from FiOS is at least as good as DirecTV. HD is better than Dish and cable...that one is easy to tell.

I was excited about Video On Demand...but I don't see a whole lot on there, but read they are going to offer more. Also, I was told that VOD had HD content, and I don't see any.

So for now, I give it a thumbs up.
    -curtis

Gotta tell you...
    When it comes to my area I'm probably going to jump on it. I have Comcrap and while the picture quality is very good, the equipment is beyond horrendous.

I'll leave for FIOS for only that reason... assuming the FIOS DVR is better than the Moto 3412 that I have.

Glad that things are working out for you. Solid is great!

shane
    Yes Eve, I like to watch.

My setup:
    http://www.fototime.com/5EF1F78FC789849/orig.jpg
    HT: 340SE's Front & Center - 340 Classic's Surround, SVS PB110-ISD.
    Office (2-ch): 170SE's

OK....my son just said "Dad, I hate this remote."
    -curtis