Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hi-Def

I have heard other great things about the JVC HD-ILA TVs. My understanding it is JVC's implentation of LCoS.

I really want to wait on getting a TV.....so I am going to "try" and not go into GoodGuys. Thanks for the warning Dave.

-curtis

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by curtis

I really want to wait on getting a TV.....so I am going to "try" and not go into GoodGuys. Thanks for the warning Dave.

-curtis

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Curtis, I completely understand the feeling, and I also find myself trying to avoid looking again. However... a guy like you needs to remember your role in the bigger cause in life to make sure the "I need to know" guys like myself have the most up to date info/opinions about everything spectacular out there in audio/videoland. So, I think you need to go look at that JVC anyway and don't forget.. the needs of the many are greater than the needs of the few..!! []

Dave.

Any piece of advice on Hitachi Projection TV - Model C47 - WD5000.
    regards.
    Jaish

^ not familiar with that one.

my friend purchased a hitachi 46F500 at a steal. it's not too shabby. my only gripe is the 'quality' of cable broadcasts. it's just not worth it yet - IMHO. the HD channels and broadcasts are nice, but they're few and far between. i'd still watch Letterman over Leno even though Leno is in HD.

i have yet to see a hdtv setup with a DVI / HDMI DVD player. (ps - this is on purpose)

Tks,I think the quality of branded projection TVs are alomost the same, 47" is costing around $2900, I suppose it is value for money as this is 4th or 5th generation of projection TVs.

regards.