Thread: inside info ifascend will carry stf3/vtf3mk2?

Why would you care?

In hindsight, i paid $479 for my VTF-2 sub from Ascend when they are selling them for $449 at HSU - free shipping no less too! Granted, one might point out I got a package discount, but i would have gotten most of that anyway had I left the sub out.

At best, I broke even getting it though Ascend.

Tom!!!

You are finally getting speakers!! Congrats! I know it has been a long time coming for you!

David mentioned in the "Questions for Ascend" section that they would be carrying the STF line. From some of the posts I have seen on other forums, it looks as though some of the STF-2's that got distributed to CompUSA had some quality control issues.

The VTF-2 is a great deal right now at $449.

I would call Ascend and tell them what your plans are, find out what they can do, and go from there.

-curtis

Hi Curtis!

Yes, finally!!

I sent an email to Ascend about an hour ago, with questions on pricing of the packages, subs etc, and hope to get an answer today or tomorrow. Then I should be ready to order

I ended up on the 340c/2x170/2x200 configuration, mostly since the surround speakers needed to be smaller (wife put her foot down..probably understandably, looking at our livingroom..)

I'm very excited!!