Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often do you just get to listen?

Thumbs up listening more than ever

I have to say that I listen to more music than I ever have since I bought my Ascends in June! I would guess I listen to music 3-5 times a week vs nearly never.

I am lucky enough to have the basement family room as my TV/Music area and as long as I keep the sub off and the volume from impacting the bedrooms on the second floor my wife does not complain!

I am hooked on live concerts more than CD's at the moment. I usually find one of my daughters will hang out and watch a concert with me. It is just like being there except I can hit pause!

Michael

Default Re: How often do you just get to listen?

Daily. I'm retired. 🙂

- Greg

Every night. My wife goes to bed early (9-9:30ish) and I kiss her good night and then sit in my office listening to my Sierra 2EX's sing until around 11:30. Pineapple Thief "Versions of the Truth" playing at the moment.

I listen to music, on average, of a minimum of 6 hours per day - through various sources. At the gym, I use a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2 earbuds. During the workday, typically whatever speakers we have setup in our demo room or the same earbuds (they are noise cancelling and help keep me from being distracted) At home, while I answer emails - typically a pair of Luna V2 or if late at night with the family sleeping, a pair of HD380 Pro headphones. If watching TV in the bedroom, Luna V2 + Duo V2 center.

On weekends, it's all about the Sierra-2EX or my personal pair of towers....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Anytime I use my computer, which is everyday. I have about a terabyte of music on there, about 10,000 albums just a click away.

Wow! My last post on this thread was in 2006? Lot's of changes since then. No kids around. Remarried. Several moves to various homes.

I have quite a bit of freedom to listen to music these days. The Sierra-2EX's make the time slip by!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Wow! My last post on this thread was in 2006? Lot's of changes since then. No kids around. Remarried. Several moves to various homes.

I have quite a bit of freedom to listen to music these days. The Sierra-2EX's make the time slip by!
    Good to know that after all these years and all of these changes you went through you still keep the joy of just sitting down to listen to some music

Not as much as I would like...because the Nintendo is hooked up in the media/family room...but enough to keep me happy... whether it be on my system...or new found love of headphones...
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.