Thread: Lord Of War - 340cSE dialog & gunfire - wow!

Default Lord Of War - 340cSE dialog & gunfire - wow!

I just bought and watched LofW with some friends the other night... fabulous sound (DTS-ES Discrete!) and good movie! The dialog and gunfire was absolutely amazing on the 340cSE, so now I have to save up and replace my 340m classics with the SE's!

Then with my next income tax return in the spring I'm hoping to get 2 more SE's for the rear corner surrounds so I have SE's for hi-rez mc music.
    -- Tom --
    My HT

Did you replace a 340c classic center with the SE?

Hey Tom....long time no see!

Thanks for the movie tip!
    -curtis

Hi Curtis, yes, I've been away from here for awhile, thought I'd stop back and visit to see what is going on!

Yes Chas, I replaced a classic with an SE. Seems to have more oomph and clarity so I hope to upgrade the mains this fall.
    -- Tom --
    My HT

I'm glad you stopped in Tom! Check back more often! I'll make sure to check out that movie.

Randy

Default 2nd viewing of it

I watched it again last night with a different buddy and I think I enjoyed it even more the 2nd time. Plus this time I got to set in the 'seat of honor' in the sweet spot where all speaker levels are calibrated from, so it was fun.
    -- Tom --
    My HT

Open Range had some impressive gun scenes/sound too. Not the best western movie ever, but at least a one timer, if not just for the gun battle. Not that I'm a gun expert (just a couple times at a gun range), but it had some of the most realistic gun audio I've heard in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by BGHD
    Open Range had some impressive gun scenes/sound too. Not the best western movie ever, but at least a one timer, if not just for the gun battle. Not that I'm a gun expert (just a couple times at a gun range), but it had some of the most realistic gun audio I've heard in a movie.
    Yeah...the shotgun/scatter gun really had a "hit in the chest" effect.
    -curtis

Yep, I bought OPEN RANGE and really enjoy the movie and those scenes, use them for demos!
    -- Tom --
    My HT