Thread: 340C Enclosure? Bad?

Default 340C Enclosure? Bad?

Hey Friends,
    My current setup with my 340's has been working just fine for a couple years now, but I will be moving to a new house in a couple weeks and am trying to figure something out. The stand that my television rests on has a Lazy Susan type swivel that allows you to angle the direction the television faces. However, the bracket I built to hold the 340C over the television could not face anyother direction but straight forward due to it's design (or lack thereof).

In any case, for the sake of simplicity, I built a stand/shelf that would sit between the television and my current swiveling stand so that I could place the 340c beneath the television and it would then be able to swivel with the television.

Here's the problem, the shelf i built has a backing to it to help hold the weight of my CRT. Will this affect the sound quality severely/negatively? Would it help if I put holes in the back panel of the shelf? There is about a two 3 inch gap between the back of the shelf and where the speaker will go. How much space is supposed to be between the speaker and a wall?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense...maybe i'll just post pics later.

i think you need more than 3 inches... i would think putting some sort of vent hole(s) int the back of the inclosure would help a lot. someone with more technical knowledge than myself would probably be able to give more/better information
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5