Gettin close.

David

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    Too small.

or

Too wide.

Gettin close.

David
    David's search for the perfect TV reminds me of the "Story of the Three Bears."

Randy

It sounds like you know exactly what you want. My recommendation is to go check out the lcd panel tvs at your local stores and look at some of the cheaper ones. I think you'll be surprised with what you see. Some brands that are supposed to have pretty good bang for the buck: vizio, westinghouse, polariod, LG, JVC, sharp, and many more.

Once you find tvs that meet your size limitations, budget limitations, etc. make a note of the model numbers and do some searches on AVS and then you can read the pros and cons of each model.

This is what I did and I couldn't be happier with my new TV. About the size, I really wanted to get a 37" tv because my armoire was a little over 38" wide. I was all set to get the westinghouse 37 when best buy put the 32 on sale and it was $575 more for just a few inches of screen space. I couldn't pass up the good deal so I got the 32.

Now that I have it all setup I'm glad I went with the 32 because I have a feeling that the 37 would have been too big (the 32 seems to be the perfect size for my viewing distance).

Quote Originally Posted by Lou-the-dog
    David's search for the perfect TV reminds me of the "Story of the Three Bears."
    Randy
    Man, I'd make one butt-ugly Goldilocks.

I'm pretty much going the route that Jermy suggests. Just lookin for some meaningful on-line tidbits without actually having to look for them myself. I think the term is "zero-tasking." I think it used to be called "lazy."

David

i just went to best buy and tweeter to check out the current line of tvs, and i have to say the westinghouse 27" at best buy was the most attractive unit i saw as far as bang for the buck is concerned. it had a very nice picture and the unit looked good cosmetically, too.

i'd definately give this one a look. (now i'm actually thinking about getting one )
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Our 11 year old Sony 32 inch CRT started to have problems again, so 2 weeks ago we picked up a Panasonic Plasma, the TH-42PX60U. It is only 40.2 inches wide and with the recent drop in MSRP, can be had for a very good price right now. Love football in HD and regular DVD's look fantastic.

Finally made my choice. Just a bit smaller screen size than I had wanted but there's still only have an inch and a half of space on each side. I ordered it from Target.com and it's back ordered for a bit but that's fine with me. We're only 7 feet from the screen so 37" should work pretty well. Thanks for all the suggestions.

http://www.olevia.com/jsp/products/specs.jsp?pid=537h#

David

Very nice choice. I have heard good things about Olevia TVs. I'm sure you will be happy with it.