Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Periodically Speaking............

Quote Originally Posted by soundfreak38
    I am sure Ascend speakers are very good but been told several times they are a bit "laid-back" and not quite as agressive as the Axioms per se.
    It is my guess that whoever told you Ascends are laidback, are used to a more aggressive speaker.

The tweeter in the M22 is definitely more aggressive than the 170SE. The 170SE is definitely, especially now, more refined.
    -curtis

Actually I have paypal buyer credit and I can go through Axiom's ebay store to get my speakers.
    I did not know Axiom sold through eBay. Do you get the same 30 day trial period if you purchase that way?
    -curtis

Kool Shane I went ot Murray as an undergrad but graduated from the University of Southern Indiana in Evansville, Indiana. Have started my Masters but doubt I will ever finish. Heck I am 39 and have drifted into other things. Kinda looks like I may be getting back to managing a car audio shop. Anyways, thanks for the info. Have a great day.
    Car audio, eh?
    Too bad Ascend doesn't make car speakers.

(Did my UG work at U of I... Urbana)

shane
    Yes Eve, I like to watch.

My setup:
    http://www.fototime.com/5EF1F78FC789849/orig.jpg
    HT: 340SE's Front & Center - 340 Classic's Surround, SVS PB110-ISD.
    Office (2-ch): 170SE's

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    I did not know Axiom sold through eBay. Do you get the same 30 day trial period if you purchase that way?
    Yes that is how financing is arranged. Why I applied for the paypal buyer credit-otherwise I would have no use for it.
    Tame the peaks, minimize the dips/nulls and ONLY then are YOU on YOUR way to bass nirvana!

Quote Originally Posted by shane55
    Car audio, eh?
    Too bad Ascend doesn't make car speakers.

(Did my UG work at U of I... Urbana)

shane
    Yeah and I have a degree in Sociology---imagine that. At times, it comes in handy though when dealing with the public.....LOL!!!!
    Tame the peaks, minimize the dips/nulls and ONLY then are YOU on YOUR way to bass nirvana!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    It is my guess that whoever told you Ascends are laidback, are used to a more aggressive speaker.

The tweeter in the M22 is definitely more aggressive than the 170SE. The 170SE is definitely, especially now, more refined.
    There is no doubt in my mind that the Ascends are awesome speakers especially after auditioning Axiom and Rocket speakers. That is, internet direct will most certainly give you more bang for the buck. As far as "laid-back" sounding goes I mean just a "tad". I prefer to get the Axiom M60's but because of my budget I will more than likely end up with the M22Ti's. I have been very impressed with my Mirage Omni S12 12" sub and it should blend very well with the M22's. Not sure if I would really be missing much if any at all. Sure, the M60's are going to be more impactful and dynamic at higher volumes BUT I dont listen to anything that loud anyways. Therefore, the M22's should be ideal for my application.

Having heard both the M22 and the M60, I'd take the M22 and a good sub over the M60. The M60 has some muddiness in the mids and upper bass to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    Having heard both the M22 and the M60, I'd take the M22 and a good sub over the M60. The M60 has some muddiness in the mids and upper bass to me.
    So do you think my Mirage S12 would be a good fit for the M22Ti's?

I don't have experience with the Mirage S12 to be able to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    I don't have experience with the Mirage S12 to be able to tell you.
    No problem-just thought I would ask. Thanks for your reply. Have a great avening. Sure is a hot one here in Western Kentucky.............