Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ascend setup in dedicated room?

Curtis,

I know the Carada screens seem to be a well built budget screen. Either way, I won't be spending a ton on it, other priorities I guess. Any Ascend setup should sound fantastic considering they will be in a dedicated room built around accustic paneling & sound proofing elements. Looking at the threads over on AVS, many of the people building theater rooms such as EBR and Chinadog all have ascends in their setups

I figure if I build the room right with my fathers help (he drywalled for 17 yrs & is a part-time builder), it should sound awesome. I think after reading others ideas & suggestion here and on AVS, I will be able to construct a theater room that I will enjoy for years to come.

I will be posting pics and etc. as construction begins.

Thanks,
    Brandon

FWIW I really like my Graywolf screen. I got used to the minor texture and occaisonal sparkly and all is well otherwise.
    Jon O.

Brandon, you can add me to the list of folks who will have Ascends in a dedicated space. We moved into our house last October and I had planned on starting the theater immediately, but with a wife you know how that goes. We had to get some new furniture and then found out we'd have to do IVF to have a child, so there was no budget to be had for quite some time. I finally bought the rest of the wood I'll need for framing today, so I'm stoked. I currently have 340 Classics for the front 3 and 170 Classics for the rear in a 5.1 config. The theater will be 13x20x8 when completed. It was going to be longer, but we need to put the office downstairs as it is currently taking up one of our spare bedrooms. The Classics will go and be replaced with 3 identical 340SE's for the front and 170SE's for surrounds in a 7.1 config. I've seen you post in the theater threads at AVS and I'll be watching your progress. I'll start a construction thread of my own once framing is complete and there's something to see.
    - EVH III