Thread: Placing one of the front speakers on top of the sub

Default Placing one of the front speakers on top of the sub

I've got a very minimal amount of usable floor space in which to put a soon to arrive 340se and Hus STF-2, I may end up having to put the right front 340 on top of the sub, is this going to negatively effect the sound much? I've already rearranged furniture as much as possible and I just don't think I can squeeze the sub and speakerstand into the spot I got.

I plan on putting the sub on a subdude and then the speaker on a set of mopads that will be on top of the sub.

All the vibrations coming from the sub obviously is not going to be good for your speakers. Typically you want as steady of a stand or mount as possible. With the mopads you might get away with it though. This is something you might want to e-mail Ascend about as Dave knows his speakers best.

Can you put your sub elsewhere? High quality subs like HSU can usually put in a variety of spots including in back of your listening position or even as use for an endtable. You sometimes take a hit on max SPL/extension when doing this as you don't asmuch room gain but it may be a good solution for you.

Well I emailed David Fabrikant and asked him. He came back with as long they are isolated from each other with something like the subdude and mopad there won't be a problem, he also said to be sure the front baffle
    of the speaker is flush with the front baffle of the subwoofer in order
    to minimize unwanted reflections.

So there we go, now we know.

Got to appreciate a company that will email back like that.