Thread: Problem need suggestions Please

Default Problem need suggestions Please

I recieved my ascends 7.1 (340SE's front / 170SE's surrounds) setup this week. The speakers sound and look awsome, however I do have a problem. I don't think there's room on my back wall to hang my rear speakers, steps are in the way. Any advice? I really would like to have the 7.1 setup instead of 5.1 in my room. Here are a couple of picture of my back wall.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7...ture6504zd.jpg
    http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6...ture6496ut.jpg

Can you show us a layout of the room.

And there is nothing wrong with 5.1.
    -curtis

I would agree with Curtis and go with 5.1 you will not gain a whlole lot going with 7.1 to make it worth the inconvience you will get with the back speakers in your setup. I have 7.1 and while I do like it better than 5.1 I would definately go with 5.1 if money was tight OR your room did not acomodate 7.1 very well. In your case with the dificult room and being so close to the back wall I just don't think it would be worth your hassel.

That said if you still want 7.1 I would return the 170s for the backs and get 200s instead and mount them flush on the wall so as not to intrude on your stairs so much. They should go on your back wall (the one with the stair rail attached to it) and will have to be higher than your sides else they will completely reflect off the stairs.

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I'll return the second set of 170's. Thanks again