Thread: Help connecting Hsu to HK3480

Default Help connecting Hsu to HK3480

I apologize for this goofy question but I'm confused. My new HK receiver has Left & Right Sub Out jacks. The Hsu VTF MK2 has Low Level Inputs Left & Right. For 2-ch stereo use only, do I need one interconnect with single RCA jack on each end? Or an interconnect with two RCA jacks on each end (for Left & Right on both receiver & the sub)? Thanks for your help.

Harold

Since you are running a single sub just connect a single sub cable. The HK manual should tell you which one to use if you are only using 1 sub (might be called mono in the manual).

Not sure if you know this but your receiver doesn't have a built in crossover. Your mains will be getting the full range signal unless you hook up a crossover between the pre-outs and main in connections. I know because I have the same receiver. I used the crossover in my sub when I first hooked it up but it still fed the mains a full range signal so I bought an external crossover (ICBM1).

Not sure how familiar you are with all of this but the overlap in frequencies will cause cancellation. Also the amp and speakers will be working harder since it will be sending the lower frequencies.

Hope this makes sense.