Thread: The 645 is now showing on the HK site

Default The 645 is now showing on the HK site

for those of you who are interested...

http://www.harmankardon.com/category...try=US&cat=REC

It looks like jr.com has pre-orders for $999. DaveF - any chance deals for Ascend customers will beat that price?

It looks like 7300's can also be had for about $1k. More power, but no HDMI/iPod/USB connections.

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy
    It looks like 7300's can also be had for about $1k. More power, but no HDMI/iPod/USB connections.
    Hey I got to hear what the 7300 could do and all I can say is WOW!!!!! I mean that thing truly is a beast. Also got to demo some Rocket speakers for the very first time. I was extremely impressed. Oh, also got to hear an SVS sub and that thing is one big mother-if you know what I mean????
    Hopefully, one of these days I could listen to the Ascends.
    Tame the peaks, minimize the dips/nulls and ONLY then are YOU on YOUR way to bass nirvana!

It would be interesting to hear the H/K 7300 and Emotiva UL combo side-by-side. In general, the 7300 has more features, although the UL combo comes with an external HDMI switcher. For 5.1/6.1, they have similar power ratings (110W vs 125W - edge to the UL), but for 7.1, the UL amp provides less power for the last two channels (edge to the 7300). Although, I may wait for HDMI and HD-DVD/Bluray to settle a bit before a new receiver or pre-pro. I do like that the 645 has HDMI with audio (i.e. not just a switcher).