Thread: SoundStage reviews

Default SoundStage reviews

I just wrote a message to SoundStage requesting a review of the new 340SEs, or a complete HT package of Ascends.

Going through the archives there were a few more messages from other people asking about Ascends as well, including this:

http://www.soundstage.com/feedback/resp109.htm
    March 7, 2006

To Doug Schneider,

I am looking for a pair of speakers in the $400-$600 range and read the SoundStage! reviews of the Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 and Energy Reference Connoisseur RC-10 loudspeakers with great interest. Have you considered reviewing the Ascend CMT-340 SE? At $568, it is almost exactly the same price as the RC-10. The thing that seemed to stand out about the RC-10 was its tweeter, and Ascend's Signature Edition models have an improved tweeter compared to the one used in the CBM-170 that you favorably reviewed in 2003. It would be very interesting to see how the CMT-340 SE compared to the RC-10, but no one seems to have reviewed the Signature Edition models yet. Could SoundStage! readers possibly see a comparison such as this in the months to come?

Chip Williams

I was very impressed by Ascend's CBM-170 when I reviewed it. At the time, and even today, I consider that little inexpensive speaker an absolute steal for someone who is seeking sonic neutrality and refinement at a rock-bottom price. Obviously, then, we'd also welcome other Ascend products; we're always on the lookout for great high-end finds. So far, though, Ascend Acoustics hasn't formally sent us another model for review. However, that can change at any time, and hopefully if they see this letter we can get other speakers models in for review and see how they stack up....Doug Schneider

Any chance we'll see a SoundStage review of the 340SEs in the future?

I vote yes.

Randy

ditto.
    - EVH III

(((kid in the back row wakes up from a nap and raises his hand)))

....cough...yeah...ugh...me too....

[as if there was any question...]
    Last edited by Jonnyozero3; 06-29-2006 at 05:11 PM.
    Jon O.

fourth-ed
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5