Thread: system sounds better during different times of the day.

Default system sounds better during different times of the day.

Has anyone experience this? It could be the noise from outside during the day, but it seems like everything sounds better during the night! Maybe I'm just hearing things

It could a lot of things....like simply being in a better mood.

At night, things are usually more tranquil....less distractions.....so you could very well be more relaxed.
    -curtis

Some believe that with the AC power use being lower at night that you get better power quality to your amp, thus better music quality. I dont know if I believe it but I do have a power conditioner and really can't say I notice a difference with it in my system. Maybe I dont have a power issue in my area.
    My current illness includes the following symptoms:

TV: Sony 50” SXRD
    Receiver: Marantz SR7500
    DVD: Marantz DV7600
    CD Changer: Marantz CC4300
    Power: APC H15
    Speakers: (JBL) Soon to change to Ascend
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 MK2

Hmmm.....time of day = sound quality.......wait a minute......

GOT IT! There's a company selling some sort of Clock that is supposed to improve the sound from an audio system, so maybe you are on to something!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

My system sounds better when I'm well hydrated and happy.

I don't think I'm being facicious either I bet the state of your body and mind has way more to do with musical perception than does minor flucuations of equipment due to solar flares or whatever.
    Jon O.

My system sounds best when I come home from the farm and the wife and kids are all gone somewhere. Crank up the tunes and pop open a couple of brews...life is very good.

Randy

The air at night and in the morning is typically more still than during the day, for some reasons I'm not entirely certain of. Sound just travels better at night and in the morning.

Less/quieter "noise floor" from outside and in the house. You don't have the din of cars/traffic at night. Could also be perception - I used to watch movies louder during the day on the weekends, but be more concerned about noise at night (neighbors, kids sleeping, etc.). Even with music, I don't have to turn it up as high at night to get the same "perceived" volume. But if I turn up the volume a bit (at any time), then turn it back down, my ears have adjusted to the louder volume and what seemed "fine" before is then too quiet.