Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: any professional reviews of the new 340s yet?

Hi Curtis,

can you elaborate on this a bit more? What type of conflict of interest? Do you have a copy of that thread? - does anyone -?? I read something on there a few days ago and it seemed legit to me -- what happened?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I actually started that post. I mentioned that there are no reviews on ascends might have to do with axiom being advertised there. The batman begins dvd review that they did was used on ascend speakers. They say that any reviews are done when manufacturers send them to their products to review. I'm sure dave would have no problem with that!

Understood.. but why was the thread deleted??
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I have no clue. I reply to some of the posts this morning, but it wasnt there anymore when I sign back on tonight. Maybe there was a heated discussion? However, the posts that I read had no arguements. Dave, would you be willing to have Audioholics review your product?

There were a couple of posts about them not reviewing products that would hurt their advertisers.....specifically Axiom and Klipsch. Another post or two from people that agreed that they do not seem to review competing products to their advertisers.

I went to look at it again tonight, and it was gone.
    -curtis

The last posts I saw on the thread yesterday was Corey saying look at the Klipsch review as proof that they review stuff that isn't from advertisers and my pointing out that there are banner ads from two big online Klipsch dealers in the rotation up top.

I think their deleting the thread confirms what many have already suspected about their reviews and protecting their advertisers.

Yeah, I don't always get a good vibe from Audioholics, although they do seem to have some good technical info (although even that gets a little dogmatic at times.) For instance, I pick up a general anti-HK sentiment on that site, which doesn't sit particularly well. (It seems to be due to a combination of zealous anti-"high current"/"all channels driven" crusading and the fact that they don't advertise with them.)

I like the "Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity" site.

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    Hi Curtis,

can you elaborate on this a bit more? What type of conflict of interest? Do you have a copy of that thread? - does anyone -?? I read something on there a few days ago and it seemed legit to me -- what happened?
    From google's wonderful cache (i saved a copy as well):

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=1

I think this is missing some of the more recent posts. I think I only read a post or two beyond this point.

This disappearing only seems to confirm said suspicions. Talk about a red flag. Bad ju ju.
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by JackT
    Yeah, I don't always get a good vibe from Audioholics, although they do seem to have some good technical info (although even that gets a little dogmatic at times.) For instance, I pick up a general anti-HK sentiment on that site, which doesn't sit particularly well. (It seems to be due to a combination of zealous anti-"high current"/"all channels driven" crusading and the fact that they don't advertise with them.)

I like the "Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity" site.

I like secrets for the most part (especially for DVD players), but their exotic cable stuff, etc drives me nuts. I also thought their recent auto/eq article was shoddy at best.
    Last edited by Jonnyozero3; 06-19-2006 at 10:53 AM.
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyozero3
    From google's wonderful cache (i saved a copy as well):

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=1

I think this is missing some of the more recent posts. I think I only read a post or two beyond this point.

This disappearing only seems to confirm said suspicions. Talk about a red flag. Bad ju ju.
    There were at least another handful of posts after that. Bad ju ju for sure.
    -curtis