Thread: ceiling mounts for HTM-200?

Default ceiling mounts for HTM-200?

Hi, I am interested in purchasing a home theater speaker set consisting of 340 SE mains, center, and 4 HTM-200 for surrounds and surround backs. But for me to be able to use the HTM-200's for my surrounds I would need to mount the surrounds from ceiling panels.

Here are a few pics of where I would preferbly like to mount the HTM-200's from.

This is a view looking towards the back wall the red circle here is where I would like to hang the Surround Left speaker:

Here is where I would like to hang the Surround Right speaker:

I would need a mount that hangs low enough for it to clear the central air vent seen in picutre one, in other words it would be mounted in the ceiling panel just to the right of the vent, but the speaker should come right underneath the vent pointed towards the left.

If someone could reccomend a ceiling mount that is compatible with the HTM-200's and has good vertical clearence (like 3-5") please let me know. Thanks.

Edit: full tilt, rotation, and turn options are also important might I add, because of the stupid vent, especially the triangled section it presents quite an obstrusive element to mounting a surround left speaker. I'm trying to mount it in that area cause I'm trying to keep my 7.1 speakers as symmetrical as possible, here's another picture of the obstruction from another angle, note i don't know a single thing about using photoshop so don't laugh at my horrible graphics skills:
    Last edited by RangersFan; 06-12-2006 at 09:16 PM.

You could use L-braces/brackets like I used, but turn them 90 degrees.

-curtis

Omnimount makes ceiling mounts that might work. Will you be securing it to something more than the ceiling tiles? Although the 200s are smallish, you still need something significant to secure it to.

I should add that the picture is before I angled the speaker downward toward the listening position, which made a worthwhile difference.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by BGHD
    Omnimount makes ceiling mounts that might work. Will you be securing it to something more than the ceiling tiles? Although the 200s are smallish, you still need something significant to secure it to.
    hmm, i guess if I use an L backet like Curtis suggested I could secure the the left surround to the vent. but the right surround however looks like I will have nothing more than the tile to secure it. the armstrong tiles are pretty durable, it might be a see if it holds situation though or I could improvise some type of support above the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    I should add that the picture is before I angled the speaker downward toward the listening position, which made a worthwhile difference.
    are you using any particular L bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by RangersFan
    are you using any particular L bracket?
    Just what you see in the picture. I went to Home Depot to see what I could find....and that was it.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by RangersFan
    hmm, i guess if I use an L backet like Curtis suggested I could secure the the left surround to the vent. but the right surround however looks like I will have nothing more than the tile to secure it. the armstrong tiles are pretty durable, it might be a see if it holds situation though or I could improvise some type of support above the panel.
    If you value your speaker or your skull, I don't think it'd be a good idea to hang anything off the tiles. If the brackets don't work, depending on how your rafters (is that what they're called?) run, maybe you can add a piece of wood to span between the supports and anchor the bracket to it.

there are wooden beams above the ceiling panels, i'll probably work out some type of support from it with my contractor, i'm thinking some type of cable support looped around the beam secured to the mount some how.