Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Surround Choices

JustSomeGuy - I'm very curious to see your take on the Axiom QS-8s with the Ascends. What made you change from the QS-4 to the QS-8??

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sharerware
    JustSomeGuy - I'm very curious to see your take on the Axiom QS-8s with the Ascends. What made you change from the QS-4 to the QS-8??
    Well the main reason was that I didn't want to run the risk of upgrading again and then be left to find a use for a pair of $400 speakers. The second reason was that my room is fairly large with high ceilings. The QS4's might have worked well or might not have but I was pretty damned sure the QS8's were up to the job.

As for how they work, I've been calibrating the system with Avia and an SPL meter and like the results. I'm no audiophile and this is my first attempt at HT, hell my first attempt at any type of speaker setup, but the QS8's seem to fit in well with the Ascends. They are placed about 72" from the floor, on the side walls, and slightly behind the main listening position. Output is hard to localize ( good) and I don't notice any glaring differenes in sound quality while using Avia and jumping from the Ascends up front to the QS8's in back. Also the build quality of them, as with the Ascend lineup, is top notch. I'm happy with 'em.