Thread: Short review of the Ascend 340se LCR!

Default Short review of the Ascend 340se LCR!

Got my package from UPS today at around 6pm without any incident (phew!).
    First thing I notice when opening up the box is the freshness of these speakers. These speakers probably just came out of the production line! The next thing I notice is the weight of these speakers. They are heavy and well built! They are PLAIN but not ugly. I have Klipsch prior so they dont make much of a difference in terms of looks. Overall, the speakers are solid, hope it doesnt fall off the stands though cause of the weight. Enough with the rambling and on to the review!

Equiment used:

reciever:Yamaha rxv2400 (very neutral reciever IMO)

DVD player:cheap philps dvd player that plays divx

Subwoofer: polk audio psw 404 (I know its not ideal but space is limited)

Speakers: Ascend cmt340 LCR, AR S20s as surrounds.

Out of the box these speakers are more powerful and are more open than my previous speakers. They are definately neutral and detailed, not in your face like the klipschs.

I used Blade 2's first main fight scene for testing these speakers out. There were difinately details that I heard that I didnt with the other speakers. I am still not getting the WOW factor just yet. I probably need more tweeking and positioning. I did notice improvement after a few hours of use though (maybe its in my head).

Music is rich and detailed, the bass is punchy. I definately like using the straight mode more now! They sound so good!

so far, these are excellent speakers! More assessment on the speakers when I get a chance to sit and really listen to them. I am very happy with the speakers. thanks for hearing me ramble!

BTW yamaha + ascend dont equal bright!
    Last edited by mark; 06-07-2006 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Got my package from UPS today at around 6pm without any incident (phew!).
    First thing I notice when opening up the box is the freshness of these speakers. These speakers probably just came out of the production line!

Ascend doesn't assemble the speakers until you order. Then they run them a little bit and take measurements of your pair/set that they keep on file.