Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend wish list anyone? here's mine.

a bigger center!

I'll second the sub.

On the CC ~80% of a soundtrack is on the CC not just the dialog. I could see from a business stand point some Ascend on-walls.

Hmm, I'd wish for something like this:

http://www.ecoustics.com/avrev/martinloganaeon/

but with an Ascend pricetag!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    I could see from a business stand point some Ascend on-walls.
    I thought about this some more and I bet Ascend could make a great plasma style/on-wall by changing the 200's cabinet to longer and less deep one and using the SE tweeter. Maybe even add another driver or two.

Hi Guys,

This is a great thread -- just noticed it.. sorry.

I have many projects in the works right now so please keep those suggestions coming!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

car speakers?

With the iPod craze, a lot of PC speakers companies have been raising the level of their previously mostly cosmetic speakers. Klipsch through out their $300 RSX-3 satellites (3.5" midranges and 1" tweet) and a revised Ultra sub with dual 8" cerametallic cones, called it the iFi and sold it for $200. Altec Lansing upgraded their offerings with the MX5021 (dual 3" midranges and 1" tweet) and a dual 6.25" sub and now that's going for $150.

Now these might not sound like much, but this is quite an advancement in the PC sound industry, that was traditionally dominated by a bunch of transistor radios with 3" "full range" drivers.

Now it might be a stretch (of resources, not to mention conceptually) to suggest Ascend make PC speakers, but perhaps a set of powered monitors might make it easier for those who still shiver when they hear "home theater speakers" then run off and buy a all-in-one box.

Perhaps something like a 170SE or 200 with a dual 50W amps or something, perhaps looking at a $400-450 price tag with dual RCA inputs (obviously less for the 200), and a pair of RCA interconnects and an RCA to stereo mini cable included in the box, making it equally versatile with TVs or computers. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Asliang; 06-08-2006 at 01:50 AM.

A full range floorstander would be interesting, as would wood veneer finishes.

The 'plasmified' HTM-200 or other on-walls sound like a good concept. I have no need to them, but a lot of people seem to be interested in them.

Di/bipoles come up as a topic now and again, but IIRC Dave said interest in them has decreased over time.

It seems like there are plenty of good subs at good prices out there, but if Dave felt he had something competitive to offer, I'd check it out.

...or a small "mid-bass speaker" that Dr. Hsu is said to be developing right now. Something to fill in the low end of the Ascends for MUSIC rather than HT so mainly 40-100Hz but small (8" drivers?), super quick and tight, designed for nearfield placement and costing say $200.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    ...or a small "mid-bass speaker" that Dr. Hsu is said to be developing right now. Something to fill in the low end of the Ascends for MUSIC rather than HT so mainly 40-100Hz but small (8" drivers?), super quick and tight, designed for nearfield placement and costing say $200.
    But Eddie you like more bass than anything that produces tight tuneful bass does.