Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: cables...

Default cables...

I ordered some 12 gauge speakers cables from blue jeans. have any of you guys delt with this company? the prices there seems to be very good. i went to best buy and the acoustic research 50' roll was about the same as a 120' roll from blue jeans. im still anxiously waiting for a delivery date for my ascends! The wait is driving ne crazy. thats why i like to shop in bm stores, you get it the same day.

I have bought interconnects from BlueJeans a couple of times.....great company and quality.
    -curtis

Agreed. Bluejeans is quite reputable. I have bought from them several times. And you can call and ask for advice on the phone. They don't seem to mind spending time to educate a potential customer.

Chuck
    www.cwitt.com

Good quality/service. Fast shipping. Better prices than Monster. Take paypal too (in case you had credit to burn). ramelectronics.net/ seems decent too (similar components/price). I was interested in their DIY Belden cable kits, but ended-up sticking with Bluejeans.
    Last edited by BGHD; 05-31-2006 at 09:01 AM.

Thumbs up

All my interconnects are from Blue Jeans Cables, with the exception of my speaker cables. Very good company to work with, fast shipping too.
    Feel Free to visit my website:
    The Bailey's Home Theatre in Our Living Room

Equipment List:
    Hitachi 57F59 HD CRT RPTV
    Outlaw 990/7125 PrePro/Amp
    Panasonic BD10 Blu-Ray Player
    Mains: Ascend CMT-340M
    Center: Ascend CMT-340C
    Surrounds: Ascend CBM-170
    Sub: SVS 25-31PC

what gauge speaker wire would u recommend for 170se and 340cse and should i use the same for the long speaker wire runs to my surrounds. htm200s soon hopefully. i think i use 20 gauge as of now

andrew

Quote Originally Posted by kinggimp82
    what gauge speaker wire would u recommend for 170se and 340cse and should i use the same for the long speaker wire runs to my surrounds.
    Not normally. What length are we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by kinggimp82
    htm200s soon hopefully. i think i use 20 gauge as of now
    16g is a minimum as a general rule. I like 12g but it's not always a necessity. Good wire is dirt cheap. Don't skimp here.

David

14 gauge 2 conductor. $24.19/100 feet. Please don't buy monster, just not worth it..
    Available here. http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=100-762

Chuck
    www.cwitt.com

id say its roughly 25 feet to my surrounds. definetly no more than 35 feet max.

16g is a minimum as a general rule. I like 12g but it's not always a necessity. Good wire is dirt cheap. Don't skimp here.
    do you mean for all speakers or just long runs?

Banana plugs are nice, too. Especially for hooking up to the receiver. I just got 10 packs of Daytons, and it cost me about $30 +/- shipped from Parts Express. Retail stores around here have them at $10-15 per pack, as opposed to $2.50-$3.00.

For cables, I have all sorts of cables from here and there. For speaker cable, I got a roll of 100' of 14g "RCA" brand speaker wire from Home Depot for about $30-35 and used that to re-do all my wires.

For longer runs to the back, it's recommended you have larger wire (lower gauge). 12g or 14g should work fine. If you're going longer than 40' or so of wire, try to go for 12g or even 10g.