Thread: Broken CBM-170 Grille Issue

Default Broken CBM-170 Grille Issue

I recently noticed that the top two connectors (shaped kind of like ball bearings) of one my CBM-170 grilles both broke off and are now stuck inside the two small holes where they attach the grille to the speaker. I was wondering if anyone has had this issue with their speaker grilles before and/or has advice on how I might get these broken off connectors out of their holes and where to find a new grille. Thank-you in advance.

Managed to get both out with a small drill bit and some surgical precision, now just need to get a new grille.

One of my Rugrats tipped over one of my 340's before I got them up on stands. The impact sheared off a couple of the grill guides as you have described. James at Ascend kindly sent out a handful of the guides free of charge with an understanding note attached. The old guides (male and female sides) can easily be extracted and replaced. Give Ascend a call.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Lou-the-dog
    One of my Rugrats tipped over one of my 340's before I got them up on stands. The impact sheared off a couple of the grill guides as you have described. James at Ascend kindly sent out a handful of the guides free of charge with an understanding note attached. The old guides (male and female sides) can easily be extracted and replaced. Give Ascend a call.

Randy
    That sounds great, thanks for the advice!